IB - Futures order handling, loss of FIFO priority

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by atrocious, Feb 10, 2011.

1. IBsoft - thank you for the prompt response, please make sure this applies to all the exchanges under the Globex umbrella (ECBOT, NYMEX, etc...). This is a win/win for both customers and your back end as it should decrease message load considerably.

PS - Guys, I didn't intend for this to become an IB bitch thread - they have their shortcomings but push comes to shove issues do get resolved and I for one appreciate their offerings and support.

Thanks again IBS, look forward to seeing this resolved.

#11     Feb 10, 2011
  2. J.P.

J.P.

And thanks to you too, atrocious, for crafting one of the most worthwhile ET threads I've seen.

#12     Feb 11, 2011
  3. cvds16

cvds16

+1

#13     Feb 11, 2011
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Can I restart to send shitloads of messages now that you will have a lot of bandwidth saved thanks to Atrocious ?:D

I think he deserves at least a commission free year from IB for this thread.:)

#14     Feb 11, 2011
  5. wot

wot

thanks for the post atrocious. this is surprising. I hope ib will actually correct this

#15     Feb 16, 2011
  6. BobG

BobG

Did you report this issue to IB before posting here Atrocious.

If so, this fits the pattern of IB customer "service" doing absolutely nothing to look into issues until they are posted on an outside message board.

#16     Mar 3, 2011
  7. Thanks to atrocious for the heads up. And thanks to IBsoft for the quick response.

OldTrader

#17     Mar 3, 2011
  8. schizo

schizo

I have no idea what FIX tag is, but I'm sick and tired of not being filled. When I place my LIMIT order, usually much in advance, my order shows up as the only order on the ladder.

However, when the price reaches my bid or offer, the order size increases as others are piling on top of me. But, while I see the orders cross the tape, my order is NOT being filled.

If I'm first in line, why am I not getting a fill? What the hell is going on?!

#18     Mar 4, 2011

9. Spread orders receiving priority?

#19     Mar 4, 2011
  10. I've seen this happen to me when I used IB. I would place a limit order for CBOT Emini Dow futures. I was the only one there, then as price came close others would show up. Price would reach my limit order, orders would be filled at my limit price but mine at times mine would not be filled. I would just say to myself..what the hell!

#20     Mar 4, 2011