IB Front Ends

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by zoner89131, Jun 20, 2008.

1. I currently use IB and trade futures (mostly intraday). For the front end I use Buttontrader. For the most part, Buttontrader has worked well, but recently I have noticed more problems with the software functioning properly with the multiaccounts option.

Does anyone know of software which accomplishes the following:

1. You can trade more than one account in the same program (e.g., a regular cash and 401k accounts).

2. You have some type of DOM or chart program you can enter trades from (similar to Buttontrader's set-up).

Thanks for any input.

2. Gulicio

Gulicio

I have been looking for the same thing but to date I have not found anything that comes close to BT.

3. moarla

moarla

take a look at zeroLineTrader. multi account, Dom, hotkeys, strategies......perfect software

4. saico

saico

Does anyone know a reliable IB frontend for trading stocks?

5. Arjun1

Arjun1

Your options (as far as I'm aware) are: ButtonTrader, Quotetracker, and Ninjatrader.

I use Buttontrader for order entry - because its the only trading system that allows you to manage risk, which is the most important thing for a trader.
    It also has the most intuitive order entry/management interface out there.

I use Quotetracker for charts, because it has the best charts out there.

I wonder how hard it would be to create a trading system like Buttontrader, Quotetracker, or Ninjatrader?

It can't be that difficult cause QT was created by one guy and has been free for all these years. Obviously you would need a good programmer (if not two or three) that knows how the markets work.
    If QT had BT's order entry and risk management features, it would be unstoppable.