IB Friend & Family Advisor Fees

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by RedSun, May 12, 2021.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly

InteractiveBrokers run live webminars with compliance firms on that kind of compliance question, try to signup for one, and they also give free advice or you can ask your questions to the compliance firm running the webminar. They know their shit.

#11     May 13, 2021
  2. RedSun

RedSun

You kept missing my point. Regulation is not what I'm asking.

I'm just curious as to if this is perfectly legal to take fees from spouse's accounts, particularly from the IRA account(s). Technically you can take fees from your own accounts into master (advisor) account.

#12     May 13, 2021
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly

you keep missing the point, regulation is the legality for doing what you described

if you are taking fees and being an advisor, then you put yourself in a regulatory violation, or "illegal" posture, that will mean being taken to court and paying fines

this is true if the local state regulator do not accept non-registered advisor,

again, ask your state regulator, and they will be helpful in giving all the information you need.

IB is not always fully "compliant" with their non-registered "advisors"

#13     May 13, 2021
  4. RedSun

RedSun

@Butterfly

I've had enough of your opinion. You missed the entire point and kept repeating the same thing. No need for your opinion.... Not helpful at all.

We move on.

Like to get some DPs from others....

#14     May 13, 2021
  5. Fxmove88

Fxmove88

F&F regulation of 15 clients and max $25millions are applicable in most jurisdictions outside the USA. Inside USA most states put a cap of 5 clients and no charging of fees.

#15     Jun 1, 2021