IB Forcing Upgrade to new TWS 851

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by kiwi_trader, Sep 9, 2005.

Should IB Force everyone to Upgrade

1. Yes, no worries, pass me another joint man

46 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Whats an upgrade?

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. No, time for another broker, i'll sue, the bloody weekend is ruined! Damn them

14 vote(s)
    20.3%
  1. Catoosa

Catoosa

I have sent you two private messages to which I need a response in order to send you the settings folder.

Thank you,
    Catoosa

#31     Sep 13, 2005
  2. bali:

I show "pre-upgrade.wsp", "post-upgrade.wsp" and "Default (Current Workspace)". My version is 851. Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I've been upgrading all along. I'd try hitting "restore settings" under "file", see if that does anything. One other thought...you might look on your toolbar to see if "pre-upgrade.wsp" is there.

Perhaps IB Soft or Pete can be of help here.

OldTrader

#32     Sep 13, 2005
  3. What's the diff. They don't upgrade a piece at a time. ANY significant change in the program would produce the same need to upgrade.

My powers of observation may not be what yours are, but I am not living in fear of upgrading. (Already did, no problem).

If the millions you would lose by having downtime are a problem, open a backup Muriel Seibert Account.

#33     Sep 13, 2005
  4. Catoosa

Catoosa

I am beginning to think the problem is TWS 851 can not properly update a TWS from as far back as TWS 831.4. My TWS upgrade from version 831.4 to version 851.6 shows only the "Default (Current Workspace)" where you are seeing the three options you can choose from.

#34     Sep 13, 2005
  5. just21

just21

My 851 has disconneted again, grid has gone purple, no sign of it trying to reconnect.

#35     Sep 14, 2005
  6. just21

just21

purple grid has gone, back on.

#36     Sep 14, 2005
  7. upgraded to 851... it works o.k.... however, one annoyance - in the bid/ask size fields the size is shown with a "," if over 999. This is acceptable for futures contracts, but for stocks 1,000 is actually 100,000. Is there anyway to stop the display of commas for everything? [in some fields (e.g. postion) the comma is not used - looks like capricious programming]

#37     Sep 14, 2005
  8. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

Thanks to help from Catoosa, the problem has been identified. There is a bug in Build 851.6 which prevents it from upgrading from certain previous versions. The bug will be fixed and a new build (851.7) will be posted later today.

#38     Sep 15, 2005