IB Fined by CFTC

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by LondonUSTrader, Apr 10, 2013.

1. jem

jem

if that was directed to me.
    I acknowledge back office operations at a big brokerage or clear firm is not my ken.

Just let me know what you think we need to know.

I have a decent percent of my networth at IB and I was about to place more but I just took some money back from a different investment.

But, for now I am holding off.

#51     Apr 12, 2013
  2. ofthomas

ofthomas

not only that, but diversify... people dont understand at times their own accounts abilities... within my retirement account, I hold anything I want (including private placements)... so use some of those profits from trading, do a priv placement to an LLC owned by the IRA and go buy yourself some real estate... or provide loans to rehabbers or fund tax lien purchases, etc... diversify your income streams... do your homework and not just follow the masses way of doing things...

#52     Apr 12, 2013
  3. If you roll funds from an IRA to a solo 401K you get even more flexibility.

#53     Apr 12, 2013
  4. ofthomas

ofthomas

I have both... I have 4 Diff retirement accounts... SoloK(holds nothing but bond funds)... Regular IRA (with equities mutual funds) a RE IRA(Real EState Only) and a Trading IRA(futures)... I try to keep the asset base balanced... but the RE IRA ends up getting most of the funds given that is a cash based business only... no leverage for now...

#54     Apr 12, 2013