IB extra zeros

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by crazy_trader, Feb 21, 2006.

1. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

ISLAND indeed went 4 decimals on all the stocks effective today. As a result, IB now shows 4 decimals as well, even though it makes no sense for stocks priced higher than 1 USD.

We will undo the change for tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#21     Feb 21, 2006
  2. IB -

Thank you!

#22     Feb 21, 2006
  3. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

Thanks IBsoft, having to backtrack through those extra zeros to change a limit price REALLY slows the trade down. Makes for mistakes too.

#23     Feb 21, 2006
  4. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

I agree it is a pain.

When you create the order by clicking on the displayed mkt bid or mkt ask, move your cursor into the limit price field and do a left click. A price wand will be displayed as a result, which while it displays 4 digits, it has the different prices populated with the correct (i.e. 1 cent) increment.

#24     Feb 21, 2006
  5. Choad

Choad

Thanks for the prompt response, ibsoft.

And also thanks very much for the communication you, def and the other IB guys provide to us. Appreciated.

Good trading to all.

C

#25     Feb 21, 2006
  6. So this was a total surprise to you IB? Just another example of using your users as guinea pigs. You should of had all your programming parked waiting in anticipation for the implementation of the planned island announcement. You react instead of proactively protecting your users with money on the line.

If I were a user I would sincerley ask for any planned changes from IB's vendors that are coming up, that will effect IB's operation, because the software department only reacts and has no idea how to plan and create seamless adjustments for their users.

Now watch folks, they will not test their changes in the simulator first they will throw it at live money, then we will have days of threads with the users who lose their money while testing for IB...

Michael B.

P.S. but who cares...its all in your customer agreements, IB has nothing to lose. But there comes a point of negligence that could be argued...

#26     Feb 21, 2006
  7. Seconded!!

#27     Feb 21, 2006
  8. Any chance you can do the same for japanese yen contracts (shifting over the decimal place 2 to the right), to make it in line with all the other currency contracts?

#28     Feb 21, 2006
  9. Nice to see Im not the only one horrified by the display.

#29     Feb 21, 2006
  10. IBj

IBj Interactive Brokers

ISLAND refined their rule to a more sensible one. It will be 2 decimals for stocks over 2 USD for wednesday 2/23/2006.

#30     Feb 21, 2006