IB extra zeros

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by crazy_trader, Feb 21, 2006.

1. so, we have no choice other than endure this

:(

#11     Feb 21, 2006
  2. jusr rang them: data comes from Island and they introduced the extra zeros for low priced stocks traded in decimals.
    y, we are stuck with it

EDIT: desn't make sense tho, only pennies shud be quoted in decilmals, was it to difficult to differentiate????

#12     Feb 21, 2006
  3. Bob111

Bob111

i hope IB will implement something like round feature to allow trader choose how many figures after decimal point he need(btw-this shold be done long time ago) :)

#13     Feb 21, 2006
  4. alanm

alanm

IB says it's "...to facilitate the trading of certain lower priced stocks that trade in these increments."

I don't know what handful of penny-stock-trading hobbyist gamblers put them up to this (though it's not hard to figure out with a little research), but it's pretty obvious that it's not something the majority (of commission dollars) is interested in. Perhaps there will be a re-think.

#14     Feb 21, 2006
  5. JORGE

JORGE

Absolutely makes no sense that this is applied to stocks > 1. Pain in the ass trying to place orders while staring at 4 decimal places.

#15     Feb 21, 2006
  6. This is ASSININE.

Def, Steve, if anyone's reading this, please have your programmers give us a 2-digit decimal place option.

#16     Feb 21, 2006
  7. Its driving me nuts,i hope IB can do something to default it back to 2 decimal places,i would be eternely grateful.

#17     Feb 21, 2006
  8. sprstpd

sprstpd

When you bring up ARCA data lines or NYSE data lines, it is 2 decimals, but SMRT is 4 due to ISLD. Please make everything 2 again - annoying!

#18     Feb 21, 2006
  9. Bob111

Bob111

+ most of the stocks are > 1. if like half of them are <1 then it make some sense. total bs

#19     Feb 21, 2006
  10. Another vote for how bad this is. C'mon IB, this needs fixed right now.

#20     Feb 21, 2006