IB - Execution screwup and poor customer service

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by nytrader78, Nov 15, 2007.

1. BSAM

BSAM

I got the book. How come I didn't get the cap though??:mad:

P.S.---I've noticed that IB customer service isn't nearly as bad as many try to make it out to be. All businesses have a few people who don't care.

#11     Nov 16, 2007
  2. So, what kind of account size can u get the book for free? Do u have to ask? I want that book too. It cost hundreds and i am too cheap to pay for a copy on amazon.

#12     Nov 16, 2007
  3. BSAM

BSAM

I'm PDT, so I don't know if that's a stipulation or not, but I got my copy a few years ago.

#13     Nov 16, 2007
  4. "Seems like most problems I hear about here at ET are from people trying to execute highly complex options trades, etc..."

Yea, buying a put is so complex...imagine if he had tried to sell one? Yeouch!

I got an envelope opener at a trade show from IB once, for what it's worth. I guess I can't say they never gave me anything. I guess it's better than herpes.

#14     Nov 16, 2007
  5. thanks OT, I'll check it out.

#15     Nov 16, 2007
  6. lol fuck you asshole, you know what I mean:D

#16     Nov 16, 2007
  7. Yea
    :eek:

#17     Nov 17, 2007
  8. Yeah point is though, I have seen complaints mostly from those who are either trying to scalp, do options etc and whatnot...I think that for someone who is swing trading futs...it more than likely wouldn't be an issue.

I work in mortgages and I hear all kinds of people saying bizarre shit about underwriting and whatnot, but really it's usually them trying to be slick or overcomplicate things that cause the mortgage to end up getting fucked.

(ie trying to buy land to set up a campground in the mountains and saying on your app it's for a second home...then wondering what the hell went wrong when it comes to light what you did-yes this shit happens all the time)

I think it is possibly a similar phenomenon taking place here with IB and the "ghost trades".

#18     Nov 17, 2007
  9. Are you telling me you wouldn't loan me 125% of the expected future value of my pup tent condo development before I break ground?
    I would think that people would start thinking that IB is trying to tell them that perhaps something may happen that hasn't happened in 6+ years...
    I read some place that since 9-11 the market hasn't had a 4%+ down day, which is very odd. Past performance is not indicative of future results, but trees can't grow to the sky forever.
    I always wear 2 condoms, just in case.
    Where did that come from?

#19     Nov 17, 2007
  10. I don't think IB is predicting anything about the market.

I do know that Peterfy is very RISK AVERSE, and presumably conducts his business accordingly.

#20     Nov 17, 2007