IB execute stop way above market price

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by zmui, Mar 14, 2006.

1. def

def Sponsor

LOL, Ever hear of a little firm called Timber Hill? The same systems are used for IB clients. If you think you have a firm that does a better job routing orders - good for you. For someone like me who has in depth knowledge of electronic trading and market making, I'm quite confident that Timber's systems are "top of the line" and will more than hold their own to anything else out there.

#31     Apr 2, 2006
  2. def - isn't it sad that they had such a good name - and look what they have done to their product - why don't all of you IB traders out there ask IB or "Timeber Hill" to see the back end and how your dataflow on your orders work - if when stops are getting elected, if you orders become the first ones in - and then go compare to a system like TT - and you will see the difference. If fact, if you put the two systems side by side - and enter the same stop orders on both systems (placing one the order on the great "Timeberhill IB system first") - you will see that most of the time the great Timber Hill system order will get executed second. And def since you work at IB - when we had an account there - and did question the order flow - how come there was no one their who wanted to help us (and our account there was in excess of 6 figures) - Whereas Timbell Hill might have been the first class system years ago - they have rested on their laurals for too long -

#32     Apr 2, 2006
  3. IB is the best broker I have come across for managing accounts for a few clients. Tradestation was crap in comparison - they dont even have bracket order abilities on futures.

#33     Apr 2, 2006
  4. heh - nybryant -
    have you ever tried TT (Trading Technologies) -
    and yes IB is lightyears better than Tradestation

#34     Apr 2, 2006
  5. This is such nonsense. I use stops all the time and never had a problem. Furthermore, I cannot imagine faster execution that what I have now.
    On high liquidity futures like ES or ZN, I estimate the time from trigger to execution to feedback in 10-30ms (not measured) and no chance for any slippage.
    On less liquid futures, such as QM (crude) or ZG (Gold), occasionally there is a slippage of a single tick, but you see clearly on book trader (market depth) that there was no supply/demand at your stop level.

#35     Apr 2, 2006
  6. careful with your complaints about IB,

they have three or four guys with about five or six ET usernames each, and they prowl these boards for comments that they deem unfavorable...

ever see what happens with the Broker Ratings lists.....

#36     Apr 6, 2006
  7. def

def Sponsor

hey burdbrain,
    if you think we have the time to change aliases and make multiple posts, you are sorely mistaken. I'm not surprised that you posted the above comment that started this thread but sonehow omitted the comments that showed the fill was accurate. (here's one of them below)

#37     Apr 6, 2006
  8. get bent,...u are delusional

#38     Apr 6, 2006