IB Excel Sheet: Overflow

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by princetontiger8, Mar 6, 2007.

1. kianti,

I really appreciate your help on this. I have to admit I am a real newbie when dealing with programming. Could you tell me how to locate these files and I assume I change them in a txt file?

Eric

#11     Mar 7, 2007
  2. kianti

kianti

Get a free html editor from downloads.com

the use the Find tool on the top menu to search for the strings you need to change

DO NOT TRY TO SAVE THE FILES IN OTHER FORMATS

#12     Mar 7, 2007
  3. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

Thanks guys.....I've been ghosting all morning thinking I had a couple corrupted files I couldn't find.

#13     Mar 7, 2007
  4. If you can't reset OrderID within tws.xml. I strongly suggest to create a new setting directory to generate a new tws.xml then try it again. Procedure to create a new setting directory: 1. In the login window, click browse
    2. It should prompt another window 3. Under the file name, change C:\JTS to C:\JTS2 or if it is C:\IBJTS to C:\IBJTS2
    4. Click “OK” 5. In the login window, enter the correct username and password 6. then click “Login” Then you needTo enable DEE Clients: 1. Login to TWS Workstation 2. From the top menu, navigate to Configure 3. Select API 4. check the check box for Enable DDE Clients
    Once you enabled DDE Clients, open DDE Excel spreadsheet and try again. If the problem persists please provide us a phone number to call.

Thanks for you help I had to go down to the last one to get it to actually work. It is great to be able to work these things out on a message board.

Again I really appreciate it.

Eric

#14     Mar 7, 2007

5. UUGGGGHHH! I am still having the same problem again this morning. I thought it was fixed but it is still is giving me Duplicate ID's. Is anyone else still having this problem? I have done everything on this board to do and it still isn't working.

Eric

#15     Mar 8, 2007
  6. Clym

Clym

Finally have it working. The below works for me.

installed API beta 9.1
    uninstalled TWS
    Deleted the JTS folder and installed TWS 868 (march 06 2007) new install.
    TWSDDE.xls changed value from 1000000 to 100000.

#16     Mar 12, 2007