IB Excel DDE API: format problems from XP to windows 7

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by TraDaToR, May 26, 2010.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Hello,

I wanted to transfer my automated systems on a new computer running on windows 7 but I can't get my spreadsheets working correctly. I use the same excel 2006 version and the same spreadsheets but there is something in the format that makes it unreliable.

It's weird because the errors are not "stable"... For example, when an order is filled, the macro reads the "filled" status fine 10 times and then the 11th time it doesn't work. I am quite sure of it.

I have tried to format cells, to change excel options, to change system number separators, regional properties... I can't find where the problem is.

Does somebody has an idea of what it might be or can point me a way to configure excel the exact same way as it was working on XP?
    Thanks a lot.

2. BeeRy

BeeRy

Hi,
    I am having a similar problem with my excel DDE. I just tried running it on my PC with windows 7 using excel 2010. Looks like the linking doesn't even occur as I can't receive quotes on my spreadsheet.

Have you resolved your problem?
    I'm thinking there is probably a configuration setting missing that would get things working.

3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Since I am on windows 7, every time I start a spreadsheet, I need to take the first quote request line, extend it to the last and fill formats. Once the links are created it seems to work. You must also force formats for numbers. I also changed the IB API and TWS version .

4. Isn't there some "conversion" utility to convert older Office files to Office 2010 files?

5. BeeRy

BeeRy

For the moment I reverted back to excel 2003. It works fine with windows 7 and the latest TWS. When I have more time on my hands I'll look into working out the bugs in excel 2010.