IB Eurex feed DOWN

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by laocoon, Mar 1, 2007.

1. laocoon

laocoon

With increasing volatility, the IB feed has been very poor in the last couple of days.

Right now the Eurex feed is completely DOWN.

What's going on IB??

2. just21

just21

My eurex feed is down with IB and my margin has decreased by $100,000 even though I am short some otm puts. I was expecting a big increase.

3. laocoon

laocoon

I've been with IB for years but I've never witnessed something like this...the feed has been down for more than 10 minutes...

4. just21

just21

How do you change servers in TWS? Maybe it is working from US. I am presuming I am connected to the europe server.

5. laocoon

laocoon

working again...after a 15 minute outage....

6. laocoon

laocoon

They have to do it for you. It only works for the next trading day...

7. just21

just21

Mine has not come back. The account page is still changing the price of my eurex position though. Did you have to re-logon?

8. just21

just21

Loggode back on and it is ok.

9. asap

asap

not wanting to defend ib from detractors but eurex seems to be quite overwhelmed as well. sometimes it takes several seconds for a order being added to their order book. also, there are option products that have lost a valid bid/ask quote for more than an hour. i think they are not cut out for this shit.

also, futures on dax jump more than 10 points every once in a while... and that's with a direct eurex datafeed, so not ib.

the freezes though seem to be ib related. maybe their servers are not be able to handle the stress.

10. just21

just21

Too much algo trading.

#10     Mar 1, 2007