IB Eurex Data with QuoteTracker

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by gotta_trade, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Hi,

I would like to use IB Data with QuoteTracker.

I would like to see:

DJ EuroStoxx50 Futures
    FTSE 100 Futures
    CAC-50 Futures

My Question:

Which IB Data Subscription will serve this purpose?

For the FTSE 100 and CAC 40 Futures:
    Euronext Data Bundle - Level 1 (stocks level 2 - Equity Derivatives level 1) 5 EUR?
    Euronext.Liffe Commodities derivatives Level 1. 15 EUR?

For the the DJ eurostoxx50 Futures:
    Eurex (DTB) Non-professional - Level 1 . 8 EUR?

Does Level 1 give me the Bid, Offer, and Last? Or will I need Level 2?

If you are familiar with IB Data subscriptions and you know exactly which one will do the job, please let me know.

Thank you,
    gotta_trade

P.S. I do not have much confidence with IB customer service. There is probably about a 85% chance they will give me incorrect information.

2. cmaxb

cmaxb

Level I is fine.

3. arzoo

arzoo

Just a follow up to the original question.

Am I correct that to see DJ EuroStoxx50 Futures, you need Eurex (DTB) Non-professional - Level 1 . 8 EUR?

Also what is the difference between this and the Eurex - DJ STOXX© Indices. 5 EUR in IB's market data page?

Then I'm a bit unsure with the FTSE 100 Futures & CAC-50 Futures.

Do you need both?

1. Euronext Data Bundle - Level 1 (stocks level 2 - Equity Derivatives level 1) 5 EUR.
    2. Euronext.Liffe Commodities derivatives Level 1. 15 EUR.

To access FTSE & CAC futures?

What is the difference between the 2 data subscriptions (ie. i think both CAC and FTSE futures are in LIFFE so why the euronext bundle level 1 also)? Sorry for my ignorance.

One last question, which subscription should be taken to get the Bund?

Hope someone can help. I'm a total noob in the european markets.

Thanks in advance.

4. john99

john99

For ESTX50 and DAX futures get DTB non pro level 1 for 8 euros. You dont need DTB DJ STOXX indices subscription.

5. Hello, I just switched my broker to IB and I have same problem like remained unsolved in this thread. I want to see level II by all 3 futures mentioned here + DAX. Which IB data subscription I need for it?
    I looked in help pages but it remains unclear to me, there are few possibilities, the cheapest one is ..? I do not need level II stock quotes nor other commodities.

6. UUUUUUUUUUUU, nobody there?

7. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

Which ones?

For the Dax-future you will need Eurex Level II at 12€ per month.

TWS will display 3 DOMs only simultaneously.

You may subscribe to more and view them, but not simultaneously.

Regards

8. Yes, I understand that I can look at 3 DOMS at once but i fact replace some with another is possible in seconds.

Thanks for reply about Dax I am sure Eurostoxx 50 will be the same DTB.
    In princip I do not want trade Dax just look on it because I believe the spikes will be "besser ausgepraegt" on it than on slowlier Eurostoxx 50 (which I will be actually trading). Moreover I have there Gaspar, Melichar, Balthasar trio "zur Verfuegung", ehm pardon, Bund, Bobl, Schatz

I wish look more closely Monep CAC40 and Liffe FTSE 100, it is possible to get some Euronext data subscription that I will see both of them at once? Or I need subscribe something separate for Cac40 and separate for FTSE 100?

I have one question, how it is with cancelling IB data subscription? For example if I will look on FTSE 100 one week and than I decide that it is too spikey than can I cancel the subscription at any moment?

9. I wanted to see the bids, offers, size, and price for the following instruments:

1) Dax Futures
    2) DJ EuroStoxx50 Futures
    3) FTSE 100 Futures
    4) CAC-50 Futures

The following two data subscription gave me exactly what I needed:

Eurex(DTB) non-professional-Level 1 = 8€
    Euronext Liffe Commodites Derivitives-Level 1 = 15€

You can activate the data subscriptions via "account management" services at www.interactivebrokers.com.

IB will automatically take the money out of your account at the end of the month or at the beginning of the subsequent month for the service that you used for the previous month. Therefore, if you activate a data subscription at any time during the month, you will have to pay for use of that service as if you had it the entire month.

gotta_trade

10. bltoby

bltoby

but with these level 1 data subscriptions can you see the market depths of the instruments (bids, offers)? thx

#10     Apr 7, 2008