IB ER2 data spiky?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Gonz, Jan 8, 2007.

1. EXACTLY!

That is what is happening to my BT. Freezing of orders, and not updating one side.

#11     Jan 8, 2007
  2. And yes (before someone asks me), I've tried to reload my settings, relogged into my accounts but no, I haven't restarted my computer yet because I can't right now due to some positions I'm holding.

#12     Jan 8, 2007
  3. I've gone one more step and tried downgrading. Nothing changed.

#13     Jan 8, 2007
  4. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

You might also find some gaps in backfill. ES, ER2, Etc.

#14     Jan 8, 2007
  5. I'd like to add that despite the current problem, TWS is still way ahead of some proprietary duds I've used in the past (Prosper Pro, LightSpeed). I just wish it didn't get updated as often.

#15     Jan 8, 2007
  6. no major problems on the west coast. just some really fast movement, which is the market today.

#16     Jan 8, 2007
  7. Is this problem regional? I don't know how many data centers/servers/whatever IB uses. I'm in the midwest (minnesota).

#17     Jan 8, 2007
  8. Gonz

Gonz

i'm using hk server btw.

#18     Jan 9, 2007
  9. hk as in hong kong? lol, that explains a lot. you have the pacific to cross along with internet outage in Asia from the quake.

#19     Jan 9, 2007
  10. Gonz

Gonz

yes, hong kong server... however the internet outage does not much implication when i'm using the previous version of TWS. Its only after recent force upgrade that on the 1st day using it, i get very spikey movement of quotes during the opening of the market. :confused:

#20     Jan 9, 2007