IB & Emini data today.

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by macal425, Jun 10, 2002.

1. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

Then please tell me why I use a stop market order(not sent to Globex at all) where the stop price is based on the last trade, and the trade is slower to update therefore I might incur slippage. Which does happen with IB but not with GNI with J-trader. This has happened numerous times.

Are you telling me that held stop market orders for globex with IB are not based on the last traded price on the TWS? I may be wrong here. but I have had on occasion incurred this problem but not with the other platform which is always ahead of IB with the quotes.

thanks.

#11     Jun 17, 2002
  2. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

macal425,

I don't have this problem.

#12     Jun 17, 2002
  3. Fohat

Fohat

Use GTC stop order, it'll be held on Globex servers.

m_c_a98 wrote: "Are you telling me that held stop market orders for globex with IB are not based on the last traded price on the TWS?

Answer: Yes, IB GTC stop orders sit on Globex. Globex does not watch TWS or Etrade last quote to execute it's stop orders, they use their own(Globex) quotes.

#13     Jun 17, 2002
  4. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

please point me to the part of the IB website that states this.
    For Globex the only type of stop orders I see listed are
    "simulated last price stop order"
    the Native GTC is regarding Limit orders.
    thanks.

#14     Jun 17, 2002
  5. I guess that's not my understanding. Here is what I believe is the case: Globex stops are kept on IB's servers. That's why they are DARK BLUE in TWS.

IB supposedly is working on native (on Globex) stops to be released sometime this month.

IB's web site currently indicates that GTC is native, while stops are simulated.

#15     Jun 18, 2002
  6. alanm

alanm

Are they not subject to the "elected during RTH hours only" restriction, then?

Under what circumstances does GLOBEX trigger stops? Any trade at the election price?

#16     Jun 19, 2002