IB eliminates margining on many stocks!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Option Trader, Mar 19, 2008.

1. I don't need to respond to DerekD, his posts speak for themselves.

I hope his loved ones keep their assets legally separated from his.

#51     Mar 22, 2008
  2. DerekD

DerekD

What kind of ridiculous and obtuse rebuttal is this? You might as well not responded at all.

In the least you could have done yourself the courtesy of actually attempting to prove your point without gainsay and ignorant innuendo.

Indeed my posts speak for themselves as it has spoken for all profitable traders who have responsibly and judiciously used margin to amplify their robust and profitable strategies they with sweat and toil have conjured and implemented.

The timid, the diffident, the untried and the foolish ought best to seek gainful employment in a manner in which they will receive a riskless coin under the auspices of the organization affectionately known forthrightly as "the man" and leave reward as a function of managed risk to men with a brass set, a cool mind, a sure hand, and a steadfast heart.

#52     Mar 22, 2008
  3. I really wish there would be some input from IB to inform us if they have an anticipated time span for this, and if individual stocks on the list will be reconsidered.

I have a hard time to believe the posts that these are all "high risk" stocks because there are stocks that have no exposure to subprime mortgages on the list like IBKR (based on their own claims), DRL, and others; also IBKR would never say about themselves to the investment world that they view themselves as "high risk". Also note that the maintenance requirement is 30%.

I don't feel the point of this thread is whether or not individual traders can use leverage safely, because there are also traders who won't use leverage safely & put the firm at risk.

However, I do feel IB should re-evaluate this list to consider whether or not the individual stocks on the list really have a risk of dropping 50% overnight--else at least to give that much margining.

#53     Mar 23, 2008

4. IBKR fell 30% in one hour a week or so ago. That wasnt even a stock market crash. Imagine if there was one, we could see 75% drops in alot of the volatile stocks..

#54     Mar 23, 2008
    #55     Mar 23, 2008