IB & ECBOT stops

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by FOmonkey, Dec 3, 2006.

1. themv

themv

Hi All,

I'm actually quite interested in this topic. In the past I've experienced some issues with IB regarding this. Stop orders (futures on the CBOT / Nymex) didn't work outside regular trading hours... Their answer was to use the stop-limit order. However this order has it's disadvantages too...

Did anyone say that this is solved in version TWS 865 ...???

cheers, themv

#11     Dec 5, 2006
  2. I am running the latest standalone TWS available (Build 864.7). I neglected to read the number and assumed (oops) you wouldn't be referring to a later version than the very latest standalone per the IB website. However, I have now noticed there is a _browser_ version of 865 while the standalone is stuck at 864. Are you saying we need to use the web browser version of TWS (not the standalone program) to fix this issue?

Thanks again for your time Steve.

#12     Dec 5, 2006
  3. rdg

rdg

FYI, I have watched ECBOT reject an order for being too far away from the market after a simulated stop limit got triggered. I was sitting at my desk so I could just pound it out, but it was a little alarming. Right after it happened, I was pleasantly supprised by someone from IB calling me to let me know what had just happened.

#13     Dec 5, 2006
  4. I had two ECBOT sell stop (market) orders set up as:

good after time: 12/18/2006 10:30 AM EST
    good until date: 12/18/2006 2:15 PM

At 10:35 I noticed they hadn't filled yet the price was below both the stops. They were set to trigger on the "Last" method. I had to manually fill them.

Question for IB -- WHAT IS GOING ON?????

#14     Dec 18, 2006
  5. TGM

TGM

Ecbot quotes for the YM options are NOT coming through on IB's platform. I have notified IB a few days ago and no dice.

seems there are a few ECbot problems at either IB or the exchange itself.

#15     Dec 18, 2006
  6. Just a follow-up:

Someone from IB contacted me yesterday a few minutes after my post and researched it. Basically since I was using a good after time the same as the open for the contracts, by the time my order activated the contract was already trading and my stop price was above the current price (for a sell stop) so ECBOT rejected the orders but IB apparently kept trying to re-submit them.

To fix the problem you (and me!) need to submit with a good after time earlier than 1030 (for example 1000) so the orders will be live before the contract begins trading at 1030. I requested that IB document this as it makes complete sense but there's absolutely no way I could have figured it out on my own.

But thanks to IB for contacting me and researching it so quickly :D

#16     Dec 19, 2006