IB driving me crazy!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by youarefired, Oct 20, 2005.

1. alanm

alanm

I've sent IB a reproducible scenario for this problem.

#51     Nov 1, 2005
  2. The professional grade tools needed to make Ruby work in a large production environment are not there yet.

Its a work in progress, a hobbyist language, its not something that can be used now.

#52     Nov 1, 2005
  3. You must be some kind of a "Professional Programmer".
    How the heck did Google manage to cobble their stuff together? Didn't you know about this? For a year, you could read all over the place about how they did it.
    They apparently didn't miss any of those "professional grade tools needed to make Ruby work in a large production environment", whatever that means.

True, Bruce Tate is kind of pushing Ruby, but this is not the main point he wants to make. He very clearly points out that Python and Ruby are very much alike. Python is the law at Google:
    "Python has been an important part of Google since the beginning, and remains so as the system grows and evolves. Today dozens of Google engineers use Python, and we're looking for more people with skills in this language." said Peter Norvig, director of search quality at Google, Inc."
    :D :D :D

Do your homework and come back to post a bit later. If it worked for Google, one day it even might work "professionally" for you! You only have to use your brain a bit harder. (It does very well for me too!)

nononsense

PS Don't come and tell me anymore like you did that I didn't read the references that I posted. If nononsense posts something, nononsense knows what he is talking about. Next time, better check twice before "professionally" mouthing off. :cool:

#53     Nov 1, 2005
  4. Xenia

Xenia

ECBOT: No quotes for options on YM.

#54     Nov 2, 2005
  5. def

def Sponsor

works fine for me, see attached, 10am east cose time. i thus suggest you clear/reload your chains or contact tech support.

#55     Nov 2, 2005
  6. Xenia

Xenia

Thank you. There were no quotes for at least 20
    minutes after the open and no message on IB´s status page.

#56     Nov 2, 2005
  7. I've had it about 1 year and never had problems with TWS, but I only use the "Portfolio" page and a page of the stocks I trade.

About the only trouble I recall having with IB were either self inflicted or short data feed losses.

DS

#57     Nov 2, 2005
  8. does IB chat work for you ?

it never worked for me, tried on different computers doesn't work , drives me nuts trying for 23 more sec... waiting...
    session expired...

then I call and I get a guy who says he can't help me at that time because he 's the ONLY ONE in the office and tech support has already left
    what happens if 20 customers call at the same time ?

#58     Dec 7, 2005
  9. GTC

GTC

IB chat works for me occasionally. Occasional chat is better than no chat!

#59     Dec 7, 2005
  10. def

def Sponsor

you must have called Chicago after hours. What browser are you using? Are you behind a firewall that prevents the chat from coming up? Have you checked your security settings (might be as simple as allowing pop-ups).

#60     Dec 7, 2005