IB driving me crazy!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by youarefired, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

FWIW Steve_IB has exchanged several PM's with me following up on my questions. The alarm problem seems to have been corrected on the 853.7 version.

#11     Oct 28, 2005
  2. the price alerts/alarm problem is a BIG PAIN IN THE A*S. I can't understand why they can't release a TWS that doesn't have such problems with something as simple and fundamental as price alerts/alarms. This is a GREAT feature of TWS and it ought to concern IB that traders cannot manage their alarm/price alerts since once they are activated they do not turn off on Build 851.

Anyone have this issues with price alert/alarms? If so, what does IB say about correcting the issue? .

Also note that they were (are) having issues with colors on some customer's TWS stand-alone versions.

Anyone else having trouble with colors?

Ice
    :cool:

#12     Oct 28, 2005
  3. did they release the 853 yet?

#13     Oct 28, 2005
  4. just21

just21

Out since 26th for the standalone version.

#14     Oct 28, 2005
  5. TY

#15     Oct 28, 2005
  6. The major problem of IB TWS tech guys is they announce a Beta version as a Gold and let the customer use it , and use a customer as a beta tester.

IB TWS programmers can be one of the worst IT professionals in the industry, and I also wonder how the IB executives use their financial resource to the TWS development. After all, in most of the time, it's the only interface to their customers.

Look at eSignal or others. They are really careful to release the new version after a long pending time of the beta period. watching tons of complaints for the problem with the latest version of TWS by members in this board, it cannot to be denied that IB production routine is unhealthy. Obviously, it's critical attitude to supply a financial software with bug-free and stability to customers, but looking at the result, judging from the report by the users, they lack such an attitude. Really unprofessional.

#16     Oct 28, 2005
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Has any one else noticed this, is it even a problem? Did something change or am I missing something?

Latest version 853.7 I believe.

All my hotkeys that create orders include bracketed orders. A stop and a exit or profit taking order. I always enter a position using a limit or a stop limit.

I just noticed today that when I enter a limit order to open a position outside the current market (bid/ask) and then the market comes to my order and is filled the PT order status immediately goes green and the stop order status goes dark blue.
    Just as it's always been.

But when I transmit a limit order that is at the current inside market (hitting the bid or lifting an offer), first there is a delay in the execution of several seconds, then the attached stop and PT orders status goes maroon.
    According to the TWS guide : MAROON indicates that an attached simulated order type has been accepted by the system and has yet to be elected. The order is held in the IB system (and the status remains MAROON) until the election criteria are met. At that time the order is transmitted to the order destination specified and the order status color will change appropriately.

Why would a working limit order need to be simulated? Does that mean if I want to exit my longs 20 ticks above the current price my order won't be transmitted until the bid moves up to my limit price? If so that means my offer to sell could not be lifted as the best offer.

I'm trading mini Dow (YM) and IdealPro and this happens trading both.

#17     Oct 28, 2005
  8. Pondracer

Pondracer Guest

Web Trader totally flaked out this morning after I opened my positions. I can't get in at all, and now the Account Mgmt server is down.

They have some issues.

#18     Oct 31, 2005
  9. Bob111

Bob111

new beta (854) been available on weekend, but-disappears today. i'm spending more and more time to catch up with their almost everyday changes. i believe that i spend 80% of my time now just to make everything work. 10% on trading and another 10 or even less for new systems development. unstead spending 80% on trading and analyzing my trades and rest of on damm computers, trading platform or internet problems.it just crazy.

#19     Oct 31, 2005
  10. On Friday they showed the SPX weekly option contracts. Today they don't. However, if you had entered the contracts on Friday you could still get quotes and trade today...not very professional.

#20     Oct 31, 2005