IB Downtime

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Cdntrader, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Htrader

Htrader Guest

IB is really having problems today. NYSE is still down at 10am and I keep getting disconnected.

#41     Apr 3, 2002
  2. my futures and equity TWS workstations are koo - koo

translation .... not working ... stuck prices :confused:

#42     Apr 3, 2002
  3. got lucky ...

my TWS went back up and I was able to close out

my postion at a profit .. could have easily been a loss

if my positon was reversed ...

think I will take some time off and see if quotes are good later

:)

#43     Apr 3, 2002
  4. mbg

mbg

i can't count how many times IB went down today

3:30 now, and its down again

i guess you get what you pay for

#44     Apr 3, 2002
  5. no problems noticed today :confused:

#45     Apr 3, 2002
  6. i agree with kicking. first day in a week without problems. i am done for the day without a hassle. Time to relax for awhile.

#46     Apr 3, 2002
  7. 15:33:25 To all users

Wed Apr 3 15:33:25 2002 EST Some customers may experience a temporary inability to route orders.
    We expect to have this resolved shortly.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.

Wed Apr 3 16:42:52 2002 EST Trading is back to normal.

#47     Apr 3, 2002
  8. I was with IB in 1999, back when these guys were in their infancy...In those days, you could count on being stuck in trades every few weeks...The same girl would answer the phone from the call center(Help Desk of maybe 2-3 people), no one was accountable, only accept e-mails...It was like calling the Pentagon. No one knew who was who over there, just an endless stream of e-mail messages that NO ONE responded to...

Flash forward 3 years...Now, IB has a much bigger infrastructure, but for some reason it appears that every time they drop their commissions, another 10,000 or 20,000 clients sign up for accounts and clog up the system...Or perhaps it is Globex, I have absolutely no idea. But either way, I had a flashback today to 1999 when sitting in a trade that was, at one time, very profitable and watching it run against me for 45 minutes...This had not happened to me since 1999, I guess I was one of the lucky ones...

I did not even bother complaining...It is like trying to complain to ComEd or Ameritech...

#48     Apr 3, 2002
  9. Trouble getting out of the QQQs on some shorts today - quite scary. Odd message, I can't quite recall, something about my position being treated as an option?

On one freeze, I restarted my TWS which solved my inability to execute. Also reloaded Qs on a separate line with NYSE instead of Best.

Geo.

#49     Apr 3, 2002
  10. Growth is good in any business but sometimes customers suffer. As more people get online and trade their own accounts we will see more of the problems. Bottlenecks will occur just hope the popularity doesn't cost you.

#50     Apr 3, 2002