IB Downtime

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Cdntrader, Mar 21, 2002.

1. I made this remark in another thread but will add it to this one which def is tracking. Globex was down several times. Had an order I canceled but it stayed on my screen until I shut down in the afternoon. Took ten minutes to get a rep on the phone. From what Ive been hearing I was lucky to get one that soon. Am getting pretty disillusioned with IB.

#31     Apr 2, 2002
  2. I got diconnected a few minutes ago, what's going on now? NYSE trading was unavailable in the morning, yesterday it was Globex, I mean everyday there is an exchange connection problem. Also I sent an email twice since last week no answer:confused:

#32     Apr 2, 2002
  3. Allright, TWS back online "customers may experience connection problems" I guess I am done for today with IB. I know one day I'll be stuck in ES and not able to get out. I'd better trade with the trend I guess.

#33     Apr 2, 2002
  4. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

it did not last too long, but sure is annoying and stressing when market is down like today.
    the bulletin took too long to popup regarding the NYSE problem. for the rest well, all brokers have problem at one point or another.
    What I don't like is that network traffic can't be that high today, so what will happen if a major news hit the market..
    IB please clean the act soon, so that we breath better a bit. Again, I understand some occasional problems (remember I never complained about that here) but we kind of see a downtrend regarding these connections problems (exchange or with users) and that's what we are concerned about, not the spikes...

tntneo

#34     Apr 2, 2002
  5. Fohat

Fohat

There was internet backbone problem with alternet, IB switched to Sprint - which resolved the connection problem - it originated within alternet, not IB.

#35     Apr 2, 2002
  6. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

how do you know that Fohat ?
    anyway, I like that ( :eek: ) I mean, it's good to konw the contengency plan does work.

#36     Apr 2, 2002
  7. You could do a TraceRT to gw1.ibllc.com

Now they seem to be connected via sprintlink.net

#37     Apr 2, 2002
  8. ktm

ktm

I keep getting the message box flashing and demanding attention even though there are no new messages. This has happened 4 or 5 times this afternoon.

#38     Apr 2, 2002
  9. def

def Sponsor

i confirmed that there was a uunet outage that rolled over to sprint automatically.

#39     Apr 3, 2002
  10. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

NYSE totally lost this morning.
    Then quotes back and routing down.
    that's the downtrend I was talking about yesterday.
    I wish for a reversal soon (in trading I don't wish :) )

tntneo

#40     Apr 3, 2002