IB Downtime

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Cdntrader, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Mon Apr 1 10:23:08 2002 EST Please be advised: Globex trading is unavailable at this time.
    IB Bulletin > 10:31 Globex is again available

#21     Apr 1, 2002
  2. Placed an order on Globex at about the time connection lost. Dont know if order is filled or not. Called trade desk and IB and they dont know either. I dont like being in this position and not knowing status of order.

Def, is the problem internal to IB or is it Globex? What is being done to stop this from happening? Unfortunately, it is becoming a more frequent event.

Tx,

Stuart

#22     Apr 1, 2002
  3. BigEd

BigEd

I am experiencing exactly the same problem on IB, open position, pending cancel, etc. Chat is absolutely useless - delays average about 5 mins per response back and the IBHELP2 operator is rude as well as uninformed. I wish I could copy the chat dialog - it is unbeliveable. Been a long time since IB has let me down like this. Chat says there is absolutely nothing they can do about pending cancels and the fact that my workstation is 'stuck'.

Phoned in, was on hold for over 30 mins and got booted, called back in, now on hold for 15 and still holding. IB just answered the phone....update. IB has confirmed Globex is now down and will get a new bulliten shortly. Can not resolve anything until Globex is available again.

Can not cover my es short for over 2 hours - all today's trading profit gone and now loss of $250 and climbing. Mid-day futs run up in progress, eating my lunch.

#23     Apr 1, 2002
  4. Mon Apr 1 12:15:54 2002 EST Please be advised: Globex trading is unavailable.

We are working on regaining connection.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.

Mon Apr 1 12:18:34 2002 EST Please be advised: Globex is again available for trading.

#24     Apr 1, 2002
  5. Mon Apr 1 14:48:38 2002 EST We just experienced a momentary connection loss to GLOBEX.
    Trading is again available.

Mon Apr 1 15:03:59 2002 EST We are experiencing difficulty with GLOBEX price delivery.
    GLOBEX TRADING IS AVAILABLE.
    Customers can still enter orders.
    We are working on correcting the price delivery problem and hope to have it resolved soon.

#25     Apr 1, 2002
  6. Fitz

Fitz

Why are there so many outages today?

Thanks!

#26     Apr 1, 2002
  7. IB TWS Bulletin Board - Monday April 1, 2002

*** 15:08:36 To GLOBEX users

Mon Apr 1 15:08:36 2002 EST Some GLOBEX options are unavailable for trading.
    Futures are available.
    We are working on correcting the problem and hope to have it resolved soon.

*** 15:03:59 To GLOBEX users

Mon Apr 1 15:03:59 2002 EST We are experiencing difficulty with GLOBEX price delivery.
    GLOBEX TRADING IS AVAILABLE.
    Customers can still enter orders.
    We are working on correcting the price delivery problem and hope to have it resolved soon.

*** 14:48:38 To GLOBEX users

Mon Apr 1 14:48:38 2002 EST We just experienced a momentary connection loss to GLOBEX.
    Trading is again available.

*** 12:43:58 To GLOBEX users

Mon Apr 1 12:43:58 2002 EST At 12:15 New York Time, we sent GLOBEX a cancel request for all working orders.
    If you have a question about a GLOBEX order, please contact customer service.

*** 12:18:34 To GLOBEX users

Mon Apr 1 12:18:34 2002 EST Please be advised: Globex is again available for trading.

*** 12:15:54 To GLOBEX users

Mon Apr 1 12:15:54 2002 EST Please be advised: Globex trading is unavailable.
    We are working on regaining connection.

*** 10:31:01 To GLOBEX users

Mon Apr 1 10:31:01 2002 EST Please be advised: Globex is again available for trading.

*** 10:23:08 To GLOBEX users

Mon Apr 1 10:23:08 2002 EST Please be advised: Globex trading is unavailable at this time.

( I copied this from http://status.interactivebrokers.net/statuscgi/bb.pl )

#27     Apr 1, 2002
  8. BrianL

BrianL

Not directing this at you personally Def, but IB has a big problem on thier hands with this Globex deal. And this thing is snowballing. Clients cannot trade in this environment, I sensed trouble right from the get go this a.m. when I could not even sign on to the TWS. Then there was some bulletins about Globex and I sat all day basically scared to death to get caught in a position which happened to me earlier in March!! As it turned out I did the right thing by not messing with a trade by the accounts of others here today!! But how about tomorrow? and the day after? Beware the Dogs are running loose DEF. Thanks for your time

#28     Apr 1, 2002
  9. What are they doing ? Cancel working orders of their customers ?

#29     Apr 2, 2002
  10. def

def Sponsor

i've been out of town and am swamped with work so sorry for the lack of response.

globex: i think two unrelated issues yesterday. one slowed down traffic and created the delays. The other was a fluke failure of some core hardware. The hardware was replaced and other things were done to resolve the traffic delay. I've placed orders overnight and the speed was great (a blink of an eye for a green confirmation from HK) thus I am hoping all is resolved.

cancelling orders: if order are sent to globex and subsequently filled w/o acknowledgments sent to IB, it creates more problems than not cancelling.

definately not acceptable. All I can say is when it rains it pours. while it is definately frustrating, i'm confident things will get better (hopefully starting today).

#30     Apr 2, 2002