IB Downtime

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Cdntrader, Mar 21, 2002.

1. agent99

agent99

The IB room is on the Othernet. There are several servers, but try Warren.MS.US.Othernet.org, Philadelphia.PA.US.Othernet.org or Oslo.NO.EU.Othernet.org to name a few. The room is #InteractiveBrokers.

#11     Mar 23, 2002
  2. with the ETF's trading ...

one can always hedge if globex crashes during market hours

of course this assumes you have a stock trading acct somewhere funded with enough cash to do this

#12     Mar 23, 2002
  3. BrianL

BrianL

Thanks for your reply on the other thread in regards to the Globex problem. But as Fitz says I would like some kind of explanation from someone at IB that you may know. This has occured too often and is not affecting other brokers and their connection to Globex because I'm trading right along side of them. Twice in March once for 40mins and the other for almost an hour. This thread started after I asked on the other, sorry and thanks for your time. Yes, there is livley discussion about IB here and I hope the Globex problems are addressed or I assume things could get more livley.

#13     Mar 25, 2002
  4. def

def Sponsor

sorry, missed the other post.

The outage the other day had to do with a router failure (i'm not sure which side as it was not specified in the error report). I do not know why things didn't fail over to another route. My guess is that when the router failed things snow balled and affected other programs/links. I understand work is underway to improve the reduncies and failover mechanisms.

The exchange released new software for Globex which I know created a few hiccups over the past month or two. They seem to be ironed out now. Ofcourse, by me stating this murhpy's law will rear its ugly head.

All I can say about satisfying the desire to know why a connection goes down or why certain decisions have been made, is that there is an internal discussion going on. I believe it will lead to more information being passed to clients on a timely basis.

#14     Mar 25, 2002
  5. Hi def,
    from this type of bulletin how can I know what happens to stop orders held at IB servers ?
    Do you know for this particular date if there had been problems with stops (CME/Globex) ?

#15     Mar 25, 2002
  6. def

def Sponsor

agree.
    rec'd word today that testing is underway on moving the stop-limit orders to globex. I imagine if successful it is only a week or so away.

#16     Mar 25, 2002
  7. Fitz

Fitz

Thank you for the updates

#17     Mar 25, 2002
  8. BrianL

BrianL

Thanks Def......keep us posted on the Globex updates in regards to any advances by IB and also the stops being held on IB servers or transferred to Globex on intial entry.

#18     Mar 26, 2002
  9. ktm

ktm

IB appears down again this AM. According to the status page, it's a gateway this time. I have news out on one of my positions and cannot get thru to cancel my pending option order. I've tried local and thru the web

The chat function is not working at all...all I get is a grey screen. The phones are saying that the hold time is "more than 10 minutes"...and here I sit. This is expensive, and frustrating.

#19     Apr 1, 2002
  10. just21

just21

I managed to put option orders into the ise this morning

#20     Apr 1, 2002