IB Downtime

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Cdntrader, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Please post here when IB goes down so we can track/audit their performance.

Today their connection to globex was down from 3 til 4pm/

2. Wow. I left at 2 so I missed it. Did you get any advance warning?

3. IB TWS Bulletin Board - Thursday March 21, 2002

*** 15:59:04 To GLOBEX users

Thu Mar 21 15:59:04 2002 EST Please be advised: GLOBEX is again available for trading.

*** 15:03:10 To GLOBEX users

Thu Mar 21 15:03:10 2002 EST Please be advised: GLOBEX is not available for trading.
    We will notify once it is back up.

*** 15:03:06 To GLOBEX users

Thu Mar 21 15:03:06 2002 EST Please be advised: GLOBEX is not available for trading.
    We will notify once it is back up.

( I copied this from http://status.interactivebrokers.net/statuscgi/bb.pl )

4. Does anybody know if this is a Globex thing or an IB thing? Do e-local and all the other brokers have the same problem at the same time?

5. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

Definetely a IB thing. not Globex or other brokers.

6. Fitz

Fitz

I've heard these IB problems metioned everywhere. Why does it only happen @ IB and not on other platforms? Anybody "really" know?

7. def

def Sponsor

i am venturing a guess that you hear about IB problems here because there is lively discussion going on. Other brokers and ECN's have had down time but just don't get as much publicity on this site. I work for IB so I'm biased but I believe the reliability of the platform matches up well if not better than other platforms.

8. Fitz

Fitz

Def,

Thank you for the response. Could you provide a more direct detailed answer of why the IB system was down for an hour on 3-21-02? Apparently, it was not a Globex outage as other trading platforms were humming along fine at the same time.

Just trying to understand what's really going on over at IB, that's causing these problems.

Thanks!

9. In the IB irc chat room I caught the tail end of a conversation. The IB rep said that IB would be installing an additional connection to globex(or something to that effect). So it was probably a lost connection to globex which was the cause for the downtime.

10. Cdntrader, could you pls post channel and server ? TIA.

#10     Mar 23, 2002