IB Downtime Update - WIDE SCALE SERVICE DISRUPTION

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Cdntrader, Dec 28, 2007.

1. chud

chud

I'd like to know why it took them over 9 hours to let customers know what was happening. During a 35 minute total outage, the system status page was telling me about the German holiday schedule.

Most of us understand that downtime, while frustrating and potentially very costly, is still inevitable at times. But the lack of communication from IB is what was unacceptable to me.

#11     Dec 29, 2007
  2. timbo

timbo

Locked-limit days used to scare the hell out of ppl. Now it's 35 min of no access that does it. Sheesh!

#12     Dec 29, 2007
  3. Steve,

I used to be GM of a business unit responsible for operations and development of customer networks. In the event of a major outage any apology would reflect everyone from the MD thru customer service, operations, sales etc so I would argue that the entire management team would feel both regret and responsibility. What's more those not directly responsible would be putting pressure on the others and also reflecting their concern to customers.

One or more members would have personal responsibility for mopping up specific issues and for ensuring that technologies and procedures were improved to avoid repetition.

Chud,

With a complex network fault its likely that the nature of the fault is hidden and the time to resolution would be uncertain. However, such elements of customer service have never been IB's strength.

#13     Dec 29, 2007
  4. boost123

boost123

Hi guys and happy new year to all.

I like to know why the muppets here are not making any noise on compensation for STRESS and LOSES in reply to IB post and many failures? And why they continue using Mickey Mouse brokers with lots of excuses?

Thank God for wisdom i say!

Boost:D

#14     Dec 29, 2007
  5. i agree boost . guess all the "bargain" hunters out there using ib got what they deserved ....zero! you get what you pay for.

#15     Dec 29, 2007
  6. Shagi

Shagi

wheat locked limit on friday - and has been locking 3times this month

#16     Dec 29, 2007
  7. boost123

boost123

Geri.

Your one in a thousand on here that can see what I'm trying to say. Happy and prosperous new year to you Sir!

I'm amazed at the HIGH percentage of BLIND muppets on here.

I bring them NEWS of TRUTH with evidence and they reward me by spewing insults or calling me muppet. I can now see why many have left this place.

Theres one guy here called Atticus, he thinks a CALL RATIO position is "INSANE"
    [ his word]

"insane" in wrong hands perhaps but NOT in my hands !

#17     Dec 29, 2007
  8. Risk of downtime is part of doing business...having a secondary account funded and ready to go is the cost of mitigating that risk.

#18     Dec 29, 2007
  9. Seeing that you are so well informed and are determined to spread the good word with missionary zeal, would you be so kind as to inform us all of which other broker offers the range of markets, universal account, open platform, free API, good rates, financial stability and generally good reliability that IB does.

And I should add a further criteria of no down time at all.

Please come back when the results of your research are available.

#19     Dec 29, 2007
  10. boost123

boost123

My good friend, you'll not get any advice from me with that kind of post and attitude!!

I would not even advise you to go back to school to learn manners!

Try to read the info on link below first on IB before you post next time! http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112855&perpage=6&pagenumber=3

Have a good 2008 Sir!

#20     Dec 29, 2007