IB down

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by d08, Mar 29, 2017.

1. d08

d08

It appears IB is down, websites (.com, .hk) and the TWS platform are unresponsive. Rest of my web is working fine. Anyone else having problems?
    This is terrible.

2. Ryan81

Ryan81

No problems for me right now.... But on the open (930am edt), TWS froze up on me, and after killing it, it took about 3 or 4 minutes before I was able to reconnect...

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Everything up, smooth, continuous from Indianapolis (~750 miles W of NYC; ~150 miles S or Chicago)

BEST WISHES FOR SMOOTH RESOLUTION.

4. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

No issues here (hk)

Screenshot_2017-03-30-02-47-14.png

5. d08

d08

Strange, I had a 20 minute blackout, solved now. Never happened for that long before.
    Thanks guys.

6. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Where are you located if I may ask, or to which IB server do you connect?

7. d08

d08

Philippines. Usually it's the local ISPs but this time it was only IB that was unresponsive. I tried the TWS (I assume the initial connection is to US), HK website, US website, UK website.

8. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

The initial connect is made to the server you specify in your connection window, according to what I was told by IB. Then the server will switch you over to the geographic location associated with an entry on IB's side, something you can request to have changed but which takes at least a day (was a week previously). I know I connect to HK servers and it has been rock solid even when others reported issues. Worth checking out which server you eventually end up with? HK should be way less hops for you than US servers

JackRab likes this.
  9. Switch to a different broker, d08 o_O:confused:
    What do you trade anyways, and how -- and what are your % returns

10. CBC

CBC

What do you trade Zzzz1? Its a very FX heavy watchlist.

#10     Mar 30, 2017