IB down?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ktm, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Well then your usage is atrocious. "Tony Accardo, the reputed mobster". The word has nothing to do with reputation or being reputable. Reported, regarded as, etc., are synonyms for "repute/reputed".

Even your own people know better: http://www.hindu.com/edu/2008/09/23/stories/2008092350141503.htm

We Indians don't really make a distinction between these two words. We tend to use the word `reputed' when what we mean is `reputable'. Many people mistakenly refer to all the top companies in the country as `reputed firms' - when what they mean is `reputable firms'. When you say that a firm is `reputable', what you mean is that it has a good reputation, and therefore can be trusted. It is a dependable firm, one that is capable of providing excellent service. In this case, you are sure of the facts. It is not based on hearsay.

Reputed to be what, exactly? No object. Stop embarrassing yourself.

#31     Jun 25, 2013
  2. Even when quotes for ES aren't available, can't you still trade it as long as the exchange is open? You can get real-time quotes for free by opening a small account at ToS.

#32     Jun 26, 2013
  3. ktm

ktm

I entered a Globex spread order last night and it failed to appear as the NBBO at any time. I was at $4.00, yet the NBBO stayed at $4.70...all night and into today. I tried changing the price, cancelling and resubmitting, trashing the whole thing and re-establishing the strikes...nothing worked.

This is not every day nor is it with every expiry or strike or order type. From our perspective it seems random. There are certain setups that - despite TWS accepting the order as usual and it appearing green - never get represented on the screen no matter what you do. I have to trade these manually, which means I have to be present and can't get an overnight fill.

There is a bug somewhere and you mentioning the issue with Globex spreads made me think I'm not the only one seeing it. What is the issue as you know it and what are they trying to do to fix it?

#33     Jun 27, 2013
  4. ktm

ktm

Has anyone gotten hold of IB in the last few days?

Have they closed up shop or something? I have another basic Globex spread order for Jul 31, well inside the NBBO and marketable - not getting shown on the screen at all nor executing...so I start chat...been there 30 minutes with no rep picking up. I called and 20 minutes with no pickup.

Are they still there?

#34     Jun 27, 2013
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Hello Ktm,

Today my globex calendar spreads quotes seemed quite alright, until some of them on milk froze. It's weird because generally they don't freeze, they simply disappear. The more illiquid the instrument is the more it happens. I was still seeing my old orders but unable to change it and couldn't see new ones with booktrader( but they were effectively submitted on my other feed ). It is possible your orders are active.

They released a fix yesterday AFAIK. I think we are close to be fixed. It had already happened one year ago on gasoline NYMEX.

#35     Jun 27, 2013