IB down?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ktm, Jun 23, 2013.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

There has been a problem with globex calendar spread quotes for almost 2 weeks( specifically globex ),so I was in touch with them and they tried different fix last week. Today, almost all spread quotes are OK but other instruments are down...:(

#21     Jun 24, 2013
  2. Reputed? You must mean reputable. They have outages as does every other brokerage on Earth. Get over yourself and your one lots.

#22     Jun 24, 2013
  3. I accept all brokerages have outages and it is a cost of doing business. IB have been excellent and I rarely have any problems, but on the few occasions I have tried to contact them first thing Monday morning (Asian time) they are unreachable. I think they need to increase staff numbers for this shift.

#23     Jun 24, 2013
  4. ids

ids

#24     Jun 25, 2013
  5. I always called the HK office outside U.S. hours (as is noted on the IB web site) and found them very helpful.

They can deal with U.S. customer account issues too just fine.

#25     Jun 25, 2013
  6. gmst

gmst

Transfer some money to my account so that I can get over my one lots. LOL :D

It is reputed, not reputable. Your English sucks! :D

#26     Jun 25, 2013
  7. gmst

gmst

In my experience, HK office customer service agents have been more helpful than US agents.

#27     Jun 25, 2013
  8. gmst

gmst

First, Thanks for responding.

The point that you have not addressed however is that Sundays Globex open, there is no one to pick phones and answer on chats. Please increase staff for this shift. This is a shortcoming in your support structure as of now, and I urge you to act on this aspect. Sometimes we discover our shortcomings only when someone points it out. Thanks very much.

#28     Jun 25, 2013
  9. The problem is that there is a 1hr window on Monday morning HKT between 700-800 when customer service is uncontactable.

This is a busy time for Asian traders with Aussie, Singapore, Japanese and Korean futures opening/trading.

Please get the Hong Kong crew to start work an hour earlier on Mondays :D

#29     Jun 25, 2013
  10. No, you're wrong. "Reputable" would be acceptable. They didn't have ESL classes at Penn?

#30     Jun 25, 2013