IB down on me 11/24

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by John Lydon, Nov 24, 2003.

1. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

IB had asked for beta-testers and I had volunteered. They moved my account to a different server within gw1. After I saw the bad quotes (they were plain simply wrong, not late) I called the hot line and they moved me back. It took about half an hour or so.

If you want to be moved to a different location, like from gw5 to gw1, you have to ask the help desk too. I do not know how long this takes.

regards

Bernd Kuerbs

#11     Nov 24, 2003
  2. just21

just21

IB said ssl may be working tommorrow.

#12     Nov 24, 2003
  3. alanm

alanm

I should mention that seeing ping failures and/or slow ping responses does not necessarily mean that you will have problems with TWS (or anything else).

Many routers on the net give a lower priority to ICMP packets, which is what ping uses, than other traffic. So, if it's particularly busy, it may drop ICMP in order to better serve the important traffic. Many routers are configured to ignore ICMP altogether.

#13     Nov 24, 2003
  4. I know it is late, but in response to Mr. Lydon, I also had a disconnect problem at exactly 12:25am PST (I am located on the west coast, USA). I had to shut down for a period to try to isolate the problem and cannot attribute it only to IB, but it does seem suspicious. This follows an unfortunate similar problem from Friday, and as a result, I am done for the night. I simply don't want to have to make an overseas phone call if I get stranded again in a position. Good luck & best regards, steve46

#14     Nov 24, 2003
  5. Interested parties should read my last posts on this subject on the thread titled "dam IB logged off three times...." where Def informs me that my concerns are "petty bickering", and we learn that all we need do is carefully read the information posted on the site to be able to correct our problems!!!! Good luck to all of us. I am still waiting to hear from all the satisfied customers that the technical support staff have helped. So far no posts from that supposedly large group. Maybe they are a "silent majority"? I am going to get some sleep. Good luck to us all.

#15     Nov 24, 2003