IB down, no way to communicate

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by uexkuell, Nov 26, 2009.

1. A couple weeks ago, some of my computers couldn't connect. I found that in my jts.ini file there was a [Communication] section that said to use gw4.ibllc.com port 4001. On my computers that could connect, there was no [Communication] section at all. Removing that line made things work. Maybe that server has been taken out of service.

#11     Nov 28, 2009

2. Word is not an application connecting to a microsoft server application to deliver services to the user. If it was then you might be surprised.

Given it was 894.4 though ... your problem is probably not what you think it was. I repeat the original assertion.

#12     Nov 28, 2009
  3. I am having problems getting the ask to show an order. I can short but can not get a buy order to show. I have to hit the bid and then change the sell to a buy to exit.
    Is anyone else having this problem. I have tried logging in several times but I still have the same problem.

Also the bid ask on nq and es is locked and stays locked for minutes as the bid and ask are the same price.

thanks

#13     Nov 29, 2009
  4. ask problem is solved. It was recommended that I redo my window page defaults and now it is working fine.

thanks

#14     Nov 29, 2009
  5. nassau

nassau

We have been experiencing data lose on stocks all day. The bid/ask keeps going off and on and stays off for several minutes before being restored.

The futures have had no issues.

Looks like a standard options expiry.

anyone else losing data

w

#15     Dec 14, 2009
  6. You are expecting a human response from IB?

LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!

#16     Dec 14, 2009
  7. is the IB troll deaf guy not a human?

he said IB currency trading is not trading against its customers, but for hedging. He might as well say AK47 is for fireworks, not for killing.

what a lying machine! (r u sure he is not human?) :D

#17     Dec 14, 2009

8. +1 , how much staff do you think is manning the phones and do they speak proper english ?

all the others who check this and that to make sure they comply with the latest updates from their brokers are a BUNCH OF SHEEPS !

I've got news for you. You are working for them. Your enslavement will only stop the day you call these guys all at the same time and tell them to stop or f*k off . But you'd rather be sheeps.

#18     Dec 14, 2009
  9. IB opens a new round:

They started not to show volume for DAX futures (MAR 10) on tuesday 01/26/10.
    For some time they had the volume up but right now volume is down again (they do show bid and ask though)

Now customer service says:

"We do not expect it to be resolved until the end of this week or perhaps early next week. "

In other words:

IB cannot fix their data feed in less than TWO WEEKS for a major index future.

#19     Feb 3, 2010

10. LOL.

Thanks for the giggle kicking. I really like your question: "how much staff do you think is manning the phones and do they speak proper english ?"

That is very very special.

#20     Feb 3, 2010