IB - Double charge for Data Feed

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Ryan81, Jul 3, 2019.

1. qwerty11

qwerty11

Then it's an administrative error from IB? They have in their admin (wrongly) that you have a client (advisor account)?

#11     Jul 3, 2019
    Ryan81 likes this.
  2. Ryan81

Ryan81

We'll see! The rep I spoke with online chat today was adamant about me only being charged once.... So I created a ticket. I'm waiting to see how they blame me for it!

#12     Jul 3, 2019
  3. qwerty11

qwerty11

No I'm not sure, so probably you are right. I referred to situation few years ago and couldn't think of a reason why this has been changed (as the call to charge extra was from the 2 stock exchanges).

#13     Jul 3, 2019
  4. Ryan81

Ryan81

Yeah, honestly I don't remember if the "old bundle" included OPRA either, now that I think of it. And it's entirely possible that the "new bundle" includes it. I really don't know. In any case, I've never actually had to pay for it, because I meet the commission threshold. It's funny how you can ignore things when you don't think they affect yourself :)

#14     Jul 3, 2019
  5. Do you have multiple accounts with IB and possibly double subscribed for market data?

#15     Jul 3, 2019
  6. Ryan81

Ryan81

Nope, unless the demo paper trading account counts as another one... and the platform uses delayed data when I’m logged into the demo/paper account.

#16     Jul 3, 2019
  7. This screenshot looks different from the one which I receive every month via email. Mine does have sections with header "Account Information" and "Cash report", but mine does not have a section with header "Statement of Funds".
    Are you sure that your account is registered as a regular retail account?

#17     Jul 4, 2019
  8. Ryan81

Ryan81

That is a report I’m generating on IBs website, not a monthly statement.

#18     Jul 4, 2019
  9. Ryan81

Ryan81

Well... IB failed to understand the problem:

#19     Jul 4, 2019
  10. Ryan81

Ryan81

Just an update:

I've received no further communication from IB. However, when I run my "reports" on their website, it no longer shows any of the "Client Fees" that were showing up on my reports before. It's like they're just gone from my "Statement of Funds" report. But my cash balance hasn't been credited to reverse the charges either.

Who the fuck knows what actually happened? I guess I can't expect a clear explanation from IB....

#20     Jul 5, 2019