IB does not send out monthly PAPER statement, what if some thing happens to you?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by dabao91, Nov 27, 2007.

1. What if the gap in receiving the year end statement after you die is long enough to where the forwarding address set up by your executor expires and it gets sent back to IB?

I think it's like 6 months before your courtesy forwarding is expired with the USPS...

What if you died in space and no one knew it because they couldn't hear you scream? Or what if it took the government that long to avow that you were in fact the lone astronaut on the secret mission to the Oort Cloud? Or what if the government never avowed that it was you? What then? :confused: :confused:

God no wonder people are so paranoid these days! look at the stuff that can happen if you're not careful!

#51     Nov 27, 2007
  2. dabao91

dabao91

the conclusion is that IB is not for you. find another firm that handles it your way.. just because most firms do it one way does not mean everybody needs to do it that way. this is a continuous issue on this board as individuals are trying to clone IB into being the same as all other firms. you have received enough constructive suggestions to your original question. why do you continue to beat a dead dog?

Instead of giving up IB, I am curious why no any poster suggest the account holders to ask IB to support this new paid PAPER statement feature? Let us help IB to become better in future .............

If IB supports it, whoever feels there is need for such PAPER statement he will have an option (even he may need to pay for it). And for the people who like IB can continuely stay with IB ..............

I think I have done almost all of the followings (if I remember it correctly).

1. I sent an email from my private email address to ask IB to support this new feature.
    2. I went to suggestion and compliant link in IB to do the same.
    3. I went to IB forum to do the same.
    4. I went to file a feature poll in IB to do the same.
    5. I opened an official ticket in IB to do the same.
    6. I came to ET for ideas and suggestions.

#52     Nov 27, 2007
  3. dabao91

dabao91

Everybody forgot about taxtime and annual statements from your broker in January. Unless I am mistaken IB still sends this out in mails, correct?

Had any one received annual PAPER statement from IB before?

I do not remember I did.....

#53     Nov 27, 2007
  4. esu2

esu2

from what I remember,
    tax statements can only be printed
    out in the acct mgt screen.

There are NO yearly tax statements
    mailed to you.

So if you got hit by a milk truck..
    There IS a good chance that the account
    will be unclaimed.

#54     Nov 27, 2007
  5. volente_00

volente_00

If you are that worried, just change your account to as a JTROS and add your spouse.

#55     Nov 27, 2007
  6. Put all the details about your account in your will. You do have a will, right? Since you evidently do not have anyone else on the account with you, you need a will. In the will, you appoint an executor. You tell the executor about the existence of the will, and where it is. When you die, he gets the will and reads about your IB account and what you want done with it.

Hilarious. LOL!

OldTrader

#56     Nov 27, 2007
  7. dabao91

dabao91

Put all the details about your account in your will. You do have a will, right?

Let us all ask IB to support this new paid PAPER statement feature!

#57     Nov 28, 2007
  8. Print out the statement and mail it to yourself? That could be a solution.

#58     Nov 28, 2007
  9. moron28

moron28

If I were a loner who lived alone in my appt. and never went out and I died, it might take long while before the neighbors noticed the stench (especially during the winter months if my heat wasn't turned on). However, if my mailbox were overflowing with IB statements then it might only take several weeks before the mailman notices that something is amiss and notifies the proper authorities ...

#59     Nov 28, 2007
  10. The real question here is why is IB so damn cheap they can't send
    out paper statements.

It makes them look very unprofessional to say the least.

#60     Nov 28, 2007