IB does not send out monthly PAPER statement, what if some thing happens to you?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by dabao91, Nov 27, 2007.

1. dabao91

dabao91

Are your guys trying to suggest that there is no need for paper statement for all cases?
    If that is the case, why other brokers still send out paper statement for ‘free” or offer paid paper statement?

And are your guys imply that whoever needs a paper statement is stupid and have “no money”?

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

#31     Nov 27, 2007
  2. LMFAO

rarararararararara

#32     Nov 27, 2007
  3. plugger

plugger

I think the guy who started the thread has a valid point. Think about it, you print out your statement and give a copy to each of your dependents or whoever is in your will. But then:

(a) you are killed in an airplane crash
    (b) they are all killed in simultaneous airplane crashes
    (c) your house burns to the ground (where you kept your records)
    (d) their houses are swallowed in simultaneous earthquakes
    (e) IB then changes their phone number

Now, you'd be covered if only that paper statement was coming in the mail. Oh, wait a minute, you're dead!

#33     Nov 27, 2007
  4. Hate to have to be the one to tell you, but in your case it seems like it. :( :D

#34     Nov 27, 2007
  5. dabao91

dabao91

plugger, thanks for the nice supporting post.

And sorry to every one .......... I apologize that I have a poor English, since English is NOT my SECOND language ………………………...
    :p :p

#35     Nov 27, 2007
  6. dabao91

dabao91

Hate to have to be the one to tell you, but in your case it seems like it.

Thanks, for let me know that. And, by the way, you are not the FIRST one telling me that!!! Please do not feel bad yourself!!! :p :p

#36     Nov 27, 2007
  7. 1. Copy each monthly statement to your computer(html).
    2. Keep the IB account #, User ID, Password along with any Trust records in a separate file on both your PC and in your office records location. This file will be specific about all your bank, brokerage, etc accounts in the same manner.
    3. Maintain a backup drive of all this information offsite.

If you die, this information will be found by the appropriate persons and used to determine beneficiaries for all accounts recorded in the file.

So, it will take a little work, but will be well worth the effort.

RTS

#37     Nov 27, 2007
  8. hilarious op and most hilarious posters lending a hand...

roflmaopimp

#38     Nov 27, 2007
  9. Man-0-Man every once in a while a thread by some knucklehead rolls along and just makes me laugh so hard I have to get checked for a hernia.

Thanks for making my day.

BTW--why don't u get a secret de-code ring and hide your IB info in there and bury it in the backyard in a time capsule sort of thing?

Oh wait--What if the dog or the landscapers find it? Sorry--silly me. Man, you really hav a dilemma that I'm sure has woken up all the ET'ers to a new problem!!

#39     Nov 27, 2007

10. Yeah but what if someone happens to walk by his house with one of those degousing units and erases it all?? Hmmm? Ever think of that???

#40     Nov 27, 2007