IB does not send out monthly PAPER statement, what if some thing happens to you?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by dabao91, Nov 27, 2007.

1. dabao91

dabao91

IB does not send out monthly PAPER statement, what if some thing happens to you?

IB does not send out monthly (or quarterly, yearly) paper statements. Even if you are willing to pay for it, IB still doesn¡¦t send out PAPER statement.

Think about this case, you open an account with IB and you are the one who trades the account and who is the only one who has the STP device. No one else knows. Even if there is any one knows, they do not have access to the STP device.

Since IB does not send out PAPER statement, if some thing happens to you, what happen?

What problem you may have since no PAPER statement is sent to you?

Any suggestions to IB? ----- I really wish IB will provide an option to send out PAPER statement even account holder have to pay for it.

Any suggestions to IB¡¦s account holders?

Thanks.

2. rwk

rwk

This is an issue I have been thinking about. In my family, we don't talk much about money and how much we have. Most of my net worth is in two accounts at IB. If I died suddenly and unexpectedly, I am not sure anybody would know where my money is. But of course, that's not MY problem...

3. ids

ids

You can use printer, right?

4. Proper estate planning.

Problem solved.

5. Please don't make posts like this. I'm reading this at work and I nearly fell off my chair laughing. :D :D

6. dabao91

dabao91

You can use printer, right?

Yes, if you are still alive.
    No, if you are dead, no one will know the account exist and know where/how to print out.

7. dabao91

dabao91

Proper estate planning.

Problem solved.

What is you do not have the proper estate for any or no reason?

8. BJL

BJL

so print it before you die

9. BSAM

BSAM

That is a good one.

10. dabao91

dabao91

so print it before you die

Well, the printout could be misplaced...... Unlike a mothly statement sent out by IB automatically. In this situation, some one will recveive the papermail in future per month, they will know you have an account with IB ..........................

#10     Nov 27, 2007