IB does not put my order to NBBO Bid

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by cutetrader, Dec 7, 2016.

1. I noticed something wired today, when buying some puts on KSS.
    The BID was 1.40 and ASK was 1.55, I placed a buy order with 1.44 as Limit and Display as 1, but still the bid never changed? I cancelled that one and placed a limit of 1.47, but still this did not change the bid price?

Can any one please explain me if there is some thing going on here?

Lost patience and brought at ASK but IB filled be at around 1.49 a lot better price though.

This was done with IB mobile iPhone App.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Either you had a bad data feed or your order never made it to an exchange. The only way to confirm is by checking on another trading platform with another data feed.

VPhantom likes this.
  3. ThnX Robert. Next time I will check ThinkorSwim and upload screen shots here.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I expect that single leg orders do go to the exchanges, even through multi-leg orders from IB don't always, so it was likely some data feed issue from your mobile device. Just a guess.

5. Bob111

Bob111

most likely he don't have data subscription on exchange where his order was routed.
    OP-when you asking questions like this (i've noticed this "trend" on ET lately) be mor specific. i care less about ticker. but PRIMARY exchange for this security,your data subscription package, and other order details would be helpful. it's like asking -hey! my car wont start! WTF?!

d08 and Zzzz1 like this.
  6. I really don't know what is primary exchange for KSS. May be some one else can answer that one.

My Data Package has the realtime Feed for Options:
    I have all 1.5$ Package for AMEX,NYSE,NASDAQ,US Options, and BATS (Bundle).

Not sure what other order details you need, I told you everything from BID,ASK,my Limit Price etc. Please ask if you need more thing

7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

There are no longer primary exchanges for options.

VPhantom likes this.
  8. Surgo

Surgo

You didn't say where your order was actually routed to, or if you used IB's smart routing.

This happens to me on occasion, I suspect it's either a delay in the data feed or smart routing doing its thing.

9. In Mobile they don't have routing options, but I checked my TWS now and it is executed at NASADQOM, commission is just 0.29 Cents, wow I love this.

I am more inclined that this is because of SMART routing, I will research more on this and post screenshots of this happens again.

10. comagnum

comagnum

Sounds like internalization, which is filling the order in house.

#10     Dec 8, 2016
    VPhantom and Robert Morse like this.