IB disconnections

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 0008, Aug 26, 2008.

1. TGM

TGM

Yes, IB. I have not actually called them yet but did do a trouble ticket. A trading friend may have called. I will find out more tommorrow.

Interesting to note it never occurs at night only during the day at odd times.

#71     Sep 4, 2008
  2. Interestingly the one supported may not be the best one. I know of a lot of people here who moved to the late 1.6's and are still happily using them. Most of the 1.6 problems were in the early stages of 1.6 (_3 or before) with earlier TWS's. One of the Sierra Chart users recently had problems that could be related to the ones described here and when they moved from 1.5._latest to 1.6.0_7 the problems disappeared.

Quite a few people on ET have been using 1.6.0_10 since beta 25 to overcome a problem they saw with _6 or _7 and its been very good. It's a major performance and reliability revision for Java, due for release late summer and currently its been at release candidate for quite a few weeks (b28 is the rc). I'd recommend it to any TWS user with current versions of TWS (885 plus, say).

https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6u10ea.html

#72     Sep 4, 2008
  3. mokwit

mokwit

Thanks Kiwi. This is the kind of stuff I come to ET for these days.

#73     Sep 4, 2008
  4. I fully agree as I was wondering that myself so I hunted down the problem:

In the System Properties - Performance - Advanced of Windows XP "Memory Usage" was set to give "System Cache" a greater share of memory to run.

My TWS disconnect problems all disappeared after I changed "Memory Usage" to "Programs."

Maybe this will help someone.

Everyone have a great weekend!

#74     Sep 5, 2008