IB disconnections

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 0008, Aug 26, 2008.

1. tron_at

tron_at

Same here in Austria! I guess I need a backup broker.

#51     Aug 28, 2008
  2. moarla

moarla

for switching on european server, you have to ask the suport. Call the toll free number 0080042276537 and ask for Doby B (English, German, Italian).
    But call your ISP, its not the ISP problem but a routing problem. Today they changed the way it was going my signal to IB, and now it works perfect.

#52     Aug 28, 2008
  3. Tums

Tums

no need to call... just go to IB's website... log on to your account management... Fill up a work ticket. The switch will be done over the weekend.

#53     Aug 28, 2008
  4. moarla

moarla

cool... didn´t know that.... ;-)

#54     Aug 28, 2008
  5. TGM

TGM

I have seen a lot of data drops over the past week. It goes from yellow back to green on the lil market data screen thingy.

Data goes out and in. It has been doing it a couple times every couple days for a split second or so. Then it comes back perfect till the next time.

First problems I have had with IB in a LONG time. And it is not just me but a few other buddies as well. Not the end of the world but irritating.

Whats going on over there IB?

#55     Sep 2, 2008
  6. Ask IB why in the hell they would disconnect you if your ping time is over 180ms. That is an insane policy if you ask me. I mean come on, your ping time could be 181 and they would cut you off?

#56     Sep 2, 2008
  7. moarla

moarla

I switched over the weekend to the european Server (I am in Europe). Now everything works perfect. I also closed Skype (running on a other PC but on the same ADSL Line), and it seems it had an effect too...
    when you look on the log file, when you see there "Warning: Not received Heartbeat..." that indicates, that IB-Server tested the connection and didnt find you online. You need 6-8 Warnings in a row, that the connection will be close. I had a few of this warnings until i closed Skype. Now my log file is perfect clean....
    Maby coincidence, but everything perfect now.

#57     Sep 2, 2008
  8. TGM

TGM

thanks but none of us have on skype and it is just a quick flick on and off

#58     Sep 2, 2008
  9. zdreg

zdreg

you must be truly joking. if the shut down was at 181ms you would be posting it is an insane policy to shutdown at 182 ms etc.

did you grow up with deadlines?

#59     Sep 2, 2008
  10. moarla

moarla

>TGM: All i can say is, i switched to european server, resolved most of the "Warnings, no heartbeat...". Turned off Skype, resolved all problems...

I am just wondering, why not all European clients are automaticly on european Server (=Gateway?). IB should have faster connections to USA Exchanges than my ISP to US IB Server, not to talk about EUREX . Anyone knows about the routing of future orders on IB?

#60     Sep 2, 2008