IB disconnections

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 0008, Aug 26, 2008.

1. I'm not having any internet issues because there are no interruptions to my data provider. It must be a server problem on IB's side. for the record I am connected err disconnected..connected to ushmds2a and usfuture.:(

#21     Aug 26, 2008
  2. moarla

moarla

Problems should have nothing to do with versions or DSL Lines. My usfarm or usfuture data disconnect, but eurofarm is still connected. So IB must habe problems with connection to exchange or on there servers...

#22     Aug 26, 2008
  3. In that case you have to contact IB technical support and send them a copy of your log file. Certainly sounds like an internal IB data connection problem affecting at least one of their data servers.

#23     Aug 26, 2008
  4. moarla

moarla

where i can find the log file?

#24     Aug 26, 2008
  5. No IB disconnects here. Straight, strong connection for charting.

#25     Aug 26, 2008
  6. On your C: drive look inside folder Jts for the file log.Tue.txt .

#26     Aug 26, 2008
  7. KS96

KS96

WTF !!!!! disconnects go on today as well.... goodmorning.

#27     Aug 27, 2008
  8. Another perfect day on the Asian (HK) server.

You guys having problems (apparently all with the US server (which is where you get US data from even if you are homed off the European or Asian Servers)) need to report faults.

IB don't monitor this board much any more --- too many shitheads --- so you really should report any issues you face. All this board is good for now is finding out if other people are seeing the same issue. You can refer the cse's to this thread though so that they can see that other people have the problem.

Be aware that it might just be one router in the data farm in US ... and it might be one of the ones that serves the interconnects from Europe. Some people might get that router, others might get another ... so IB may not see a widespread fault unless enough people report it.

Are all the people reporting the disconnects located in europe and seeing problems getting US data?

#28     Aug 27, 2008
  9. yea i got disconnected twice yesterday too for a couple of mins each time.

pretty annoying, but this does not happen very often.

#29     Aug 27, 2008
  10. KS96

KS96

yep... a couple of minutes everytime, but it happens a couple of times per hour. Amsterdam. I just upgraded to the latest version, let's see if it solves the problem...

#30     Aug 27, 2008