IB disconnection

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 0008, Feb 25, 2003.

1. I use Windows XP home version and rally have any issues with my IB connection.

#51     Feb 26, 2003
  2. def

def Sponsor

Jester, no worries. In any event, it sounds like his and some of the others posting connections can use some tweaking At home I have Win2K and while I do not run the TWS for more than an hour or two at a time from there, I rarely get a disconnect when I connect to the US or other servers - I should also note that my upload/download speed vastly improved after upping what I think was called the MU rate when I did the tweak test.

At the office with winXP and win2k I can't recall ever getting a disconnect and we run a bunch of TWS's all day long (we have a mix of some that run on our internal network and some via internet).

Outside of running a tweak test, the best I can suggest (outside of me being an intermediary between our tech side on this board - which I really don't have time to do) if you're having disconnect issues, is to make a post on the ib web sites discussion board under the technical issue thread. Hopefully, you'll hit a larger group of users or our tech staff who can offer potential solutions.

#52     Feb 26, 2003
  3. I cannot get any trades in today. Anyone else having this problem?

#53     Feb 27, 2003
  4. Momento

Momento

Seems like you missed a decent day then.. :(

#54     Feb 27, 2003
  5. fixed, some problem with my bond trades.

#55     Feb 27, 2003
  6. trader3

trader3

I've rarely been disconnected from IB in all the time I've used them but I was disconnected twice for about a minute last Friday and now I was disconnected from 3:25 pm until 4:03 pm EST today. I tried multiple times to log in again and even went to the web version to try to log in, but to no avail. I was watching time and sales and bid-ask from another data vender and all seemed as it should be during the time I could not log into IB.

I don't think it is a coincidence that many others are complaining about disconnects in the past week. I believe IB has a problem they are not owning up to.

I like IB a lot but there is virtually no customer service, so if they disconnect like this a few more times they will not be worth trading with.

Did anyone else experience problems Tuesday afternoon in the last half hour?

#56     Mar 5, 2003
  7. I was down for several hours yesterday, but I am on the european server. Pretty annoyed I couldn't trade the euro close, but I can't recall that happening before in the last 18 months so am not too concerned.

#57     Mar 5, 2003