IB disconnection

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 0008, Feb 25, 2003.

1. regough

regough

Don't forget London UK, too. I had the first IB outage since about 1 Nov. (Just F.Y.I.)

Bob.

#41     Feb 26, 2003
  2. Geez, I thought I was the only one losing his TWS connection.
    Almost happens on a daily basis once or twice a day for 1-2
    minutes each time. My other software works beautifully as TWS
    freaks out... :cool:

#42     Feb 26, 2003
  3. Ninja

Ninja

Yes, thats true. I can say this, because I use TWS regularly from two locations. One is at the office, behind a firewall, with a lousy connection and that is where TWS disconnects/reconnects about every 20 minutes.

The other connection is a good one via DSL from home. I can't remember when TWS needed to disconnect/reconnect there.

#43     Feb 26, 2003
  4. I also use a cable connection and almost never lose my connection. I always have a stop in anyway in case a connection does fail or major shit hits the wires.

Jay

#44     Feb 26, 2003
  5. jester

jester Guest

RE> jester, pass your friend the link to the dslreports I posted earlier. I tweaked my home PC connection and the difference was night and day

Def,

I know your one of the "good guys" here on ET unfortunately he is so disappointed/ angry over the repeated disconnections w/ IB being down he's already chosen to go to our firms platform which is, (his words not mine) "a lot more robust".

Thank you for the help I showed him what you posted.

J -

#45     Feb 26, 2003
  6. TGregg

TGregg

Count me in with the cable modem guys who don't usually get disconnected. Yesterday I did, along with everything else as my cable hiccuped, but that was hardly TWSs fault.

#46     Feb 26, 2003
  7. dm19072

dm19072

With Windows 2000 I had only occasional disconects. After I switched toXP Home. It becase almost daily. Anybody else have problems with XP Home?

#47     Feb 26, 2003
  8. Momento

Momento

I switched back to Win2K for that same reason.. and things are better. (some Java problem.. i am not a Tech guru, wouldn't know how to explain it. But the problem is gone as soon as i turned back to Win2k.)

#48     Feb 26, 2003
  9. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

That's wierd. I run Windows XP Professional here.

#49     Feb 26, 2003
  10. I use XP Home with no probs.

Jay

#50     Feb 26, 2003