IB disconnection

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 0008, Feb 25, 2003.

1. ROFLMAO

#21     Feb 25, 2003
  2. white17

white17

I have had no problems For those having problems, are you using the browser based version or stand alone?

#22     Feb 25, 2003
  3. Momento

Momento

I used the stand alone. You had no problems, what do you use?

#23     Feb 25, 2003
  4. Woody

Woody

I also use the stand alone and have had no problems.

#24     Feb 25, 2003
  5. def

def Sponsor

QDZ,
    Talk about something you know about. You haven't learned that if you say something often enough, it does NOT become true.

Others,
    IB's TWS connection checks for packet loss. If there is any packet loss between your connection and the IB servers, IB will disconnect and reconnect when the connection is reliable.

If this is a frequent problem, do a tracert, ping test, and other things to check the quality of your connection such as look at broadbandreports.com to see if there are any problems with high traffic over the internet.

#25     Feb 25, 2003
  6. qdz2

qdz2

What are you talking about????!!!!! What of I said is not right in your opinions? Please be more specific.

:p

#26     Feb 25, 2003
  7. Momento

Momento

so Def,
    Today's TWS on and off (thru out parts of the US and Canada) was due to the client's ISP connection problem?

As much as i want to believe it.. it doesn't seem logic does it? Just want the truth. :confused:

#27     Feb 25, 2003
  8. Mine disconnected yesterday (ISP is in CA). First time in 3 months!

Something was going on...

#28     Feb 25, 2003
  9. def

def Sponsor

As far as I can tell (spoke to the help desk and looked at internal daily reports) there were no internal connection problems on Tuesday and there weren't wide spread reports of disconnects.

As you mention on your post, the disconnects seem isolated to parts of the US and Canada. That leads me to believe that the blips were do to internet traffic elsewhere. There are also multiple T3 lines running into our servers, it certainly is possible that one of the lines had static. This is all the information I have but from my experience, it seems to me that it seems like an isolated line problem as opposed to any specific problem on IB's servers or network.

BTW, this is the link to tweak your connection: http://www.dslreports.com/tools

and for internet traffic:
    http://www.internettrafficreport.com/main.htm

#29     Feb 25, 2003
  10. Whamo

Whamo

Def,

At what level of packet loss does TWS disconnect and then re-establish the connection. I was disconnected today as well but my Ensign and all other applications continued to be solid. I would imagine that the packet loss would have to be significant otherwise TWS would be bouncing quite often.

#30     Feb 25, 2003