IB disconnection

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 0008, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Momento

Momento

IB down at 10:50 in Canada.
    Pending orders were filled..

Were able to log back in 10minutes later. 11:05

= = = = =

Did anyone here had problem calling in to close your positions?

I was glad that the trade didn't go against me. But i would of been real pissed off if i were long and were able to get out until 11:15

Anyone inquired about the problem?

#11     Feb 25, 2003
  2. FWIW, in my past experience, getting booted from TWS has had more to do with the quality of the internet connection (if it's not solid, TWS will log off and attempt to log on again) and less to do with IB (unless everyone else you know is having trouble with the TWS connection)

i had similar problems last spring over the span of maybe a month, but they turned out to be caused by the quality of my DSL connection and not IB. i kept calling my ISP until they finally fixed the problem (even though they never admitted there was a problem)

there have been threads on this before...but it is my understanding that TWS does in fact disconnect and attempt to re-connect if the internet connection is poor.

#12     Feb 25, 2003
  3. JORGE

JORGE

Twice yesterday and again 5 min ago. Luckily it's been less than 2 min each time.

#13     Feb 25, 2003
  4. qdz2

qdz2

No, it's IB's fault. Do not try to get away from that!

:p

#14     Feb 25, 2003
  5. I haven't had any problems at all. I got dumped for a few minutes about two weeks ago. Perfect otherwise. BTW, I am logged on all day, every day.

Jay

#15     Feb 25, 2003
  6. I've been getting some disconnects this week. Got three or four yesterday, at least one after the close so I doubt the traffic issue. Got one so far today.

I'm not watching it all the time. By the time I get a notice (I've left Tip of the Day on for just this situation) TWS is back online.

#16     Feb 25, 2003
  7. prox

prox

No problems that I noticed today , but it was out for a minute yesterday and another minute last week.

Luckily I had all my stops and target exits set so it wasn't a big deal.

#17     Feb 25, 2003
  8. prox

prox

That's true, especially with misconfigured home sharing routers. Same with AOL Instant Messenger, ICQ, and various other "always on" internet software.

#18     Feb 25, 2003
  9. qdz2

qdz2

let me be honest and straight-forward, the present IB is terrible.

#19     Feb 25, 2003
  10. qdz2

qdz2

If you really appreciate the opportunity with IB and want 'em to remain good, let me give you a piece of advice. Don't PIMP anymore. Instead, trade profitably to stay around and pay IB as much as commissions to show your appreciation.

Save IB now!

#20     Feb 25, 2003