IB disconnected many times

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by hermit_trader, Oct 7, 2002.

1. The IB connection seems to be not very stable. It disconnected many times and I was sure it was not the fault of my ISP since other programs were working properly. Although it would reconnect after few minutes, it was very annoying. Does anyone know what is happening in IB?

2. def

def Sponsor

I wouldn't be so sure it isn't your ISP.

IB's TWS checks for packet loss on a connection. If you have packet loss (ie. a connection that is losing some data in the transmission), the TWS will disconnect.

Before going further you should do a ping test and a trace route. You should also see how many hops it takes to go from your ISP to the IB servers.

It would also help if you said when you went down. The system resets each evening for about 1 hour. If you are on the US server it resets around 11:30 PM.

If you do not know how to do any of these tests, take a look on the IB tech forum on the IB website. If you can't find help, post a question.

3. for me with IB this am in USA

last week there was a problem but it was ISP's fault not IB

as worldcoms UUNET backbone $%*@ up

4. Run a traceroute and poll the route to see where the packet loss is occurring.

5. kww

kww

Def,

On Friday I was unable to log onto TWS all day. Same problem again this morning. It tries to load the login screen for 10-15 minutes, then stops and gives an error message about the login java applet failing to load.

I have a relatively new account but I was able to log on previously with no problem. I emailed tech support but haven't received a reply.

Is there a system problem? I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks,
    Wayne

6. I had that problem a while ago and after going crazy all day, I removed java components and reinstalled. Since you were able to log on to TWS before, did you install any programs right before you had the problem? That is the usual cause of lock ups. Good luck

7. u130747

u130747

ib is down again

8. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Yep, can't log on.

9. JORGE

JORGE

Logged in this morning, initiated 3 trades and now it has logged me off and will not reconnect. This is the third day in a row I have had this problem.

10. coops

coops

Me too - can't login from Thailand...... to be exact, was logged in, made some trades then TWS disconnected...... can not get back in at moment, after win2k reboot just in case.

Had a trade in the market when i got disconnected... i use bracket trader, praise the lord, so my stops are in the market at least... and on globex for real right :p (emini's).....

ps i did a stupid thing..... :eek: i checked for updates earlier on, and i went ahead and took the hit... damn it's tough to resist that auto update prompt.... don't know how many times i've updated one day, got problems then lo and behold there's another update next day - to fix the previous screw ups i fear...

coops

#10     Oct 7, 2002