IB disconnected many times

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 0008, Jul 24, 2003.

1. JORGE

JORGE

Been out for 10 min in WA, most likely has something to do with power outage in NY.

#61     Aug 14, 2003
  2. Just confirmed with IB tech support that there's a power outage where IB is located. Unable to close positions even by phone.

#62     Aug 14, 2003
  3. Toonces

Toonces

Outages everywhere!

#63     Aug 14, 2003
  4. fleance

fleance

I can't access the ib website. Looks like everything's down right now.

#64     Aug 14, 2003
  5. There's a huge power outage in Northeastern US right. It may be affecting the internet and/or their website.

-- ML

#65     Aug 14, 2003
  6. Bob111

Bob111

i can only imagine what may happends in manhattan, if it will be no light for all night..sweet night for robbers..atm's, stores everything..i also wonder-if there is a problem on plant-show me damm plant in live report! i want to be make sure that it is still there. i still remember chernobyl in russia..

#66     Aug 14, 2003
  7. franklin

franklin

I'm sure it wasn't IB's fault today (it never is :)), but today's several minute disconnection from CME (while other feeds kept running), makes me wonder whether, as mentioned above, they have a problem restarting their data feeds that adds a dely of several minutes to each such event.

Also, with respect to % down time, I think a more realistic % would be the % of times the IB data feed or connection is lost for each active trading session, such as the 2 hours at the start of the day, and the 2 hours at the end of the day. From this perspective, given 10 such sessions per week, they are averaging more like 1 down event every 10 sessions (i.e., down once per week during active trading times), or about 10% of the time I sit down to trade I can expect them (and/or the CME) to screw up. That seems way too high.

#67     Aug 19, 2003
  8. Kernol

Kernol

Just to follow up. The cable guy made a service call today. It was a cable issue which hopefully has been solved.

#68     Aug 19, 2003
  9. one of the big ones

has been up , down , up down ... all day

I have been trading light and in a pinch will go to dial up isp

#69     Aug 19, 2003
  10. well ib admitted the globex data was unavail today near the close...enough to stop the heart.

#70     Aug 19, 2003