IB disconnected many times

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 0008, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Also noticed that emini quote line stalls, but market depth data continues...my vote's for IB server issues.

#21     Aug 4, 2003
  2. egusc

egusc

Disconnected twice today( in So California with a cable modem), i would guess for 3 to 5 minutes, had unfilled order open and want to cancel, but could not reach IB before i was reconnected.

Last week the marketdata disappeared several times and had at least one complete disconnect.

These problems have been very rare for me with IB, i hope they very quickly go back to the reliable ways.

PS. Nice book IB sent me, about a third of the way through reading it, thanks.

#22     Aug 4, 2003
  3. Yes.

#23     Aug 4, 2003
  4. hughmac

hughmac

:mad:

experienced multiple disconnects Fri and today. First time iv come across this in 12mths usage. Excellent service previously.

Hope IB resolve this soon!

#24     Aug 4, 2003
  5. fan27

fan27

same here.

#25     Aug 4, 2003
  6. ditaln1

ditaln1

That's terrible that you can't place orders with a live person if the IB servers are having problems. Even if it doesn't go down that much, that one time it does seem to have problems, and you have a 10 lot emini trade on, and you can't see where the market is, and you get get out because you can't get ahold of anyone is just poor business. Personally, I'd rather pay $12-$15 a round turn, little bit more than IB, but have the security of being able to get ahold of someone if I have to get out of a position.

just my 2 cents..

#26     Aug 4, 2003
  7. Pabst

Pabst

I'd say $12-$15 is a lot more than a little more!

#27     Aug 4, 2003
  8. def

def Sponsor

FYI, Did some checking and the main ISP connections went down and reverted to backup twice today. Not much can be done when that occurs other than figure out a faster way to rollover to the backup. (it's automatic but it i think it takes a few minutes for all connections to stabilize).

#28     Aug 4, 2003
  9. Thanks Def for the update.

Any chance IB can find a better way help traders exit open positions more quickly when IB has a system problem?

One can lose a lot while on hold.

How about a web page or automated telephone number in which if you access it with the proper account number and password, all of your positions will automatically be closed out?

Of course, such a system will have be independent of IB's other trading systems

Just a thought.

-- ITZ

#29     Aug 4, 2003
  10. FinStat

FinStat

the servers are overloaded during times of high volume.

they're happy to bring on new customers but don't have the capacity. fortunately, there are alternatives.

#30     Aug 4, 2003