IB difficulties

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by white17, Jul 10, 2002.

1. white17

white17

Gotta run right now but will give it a try in about an hour. Thanks

#71     Jul 10, 2002
  2. If you go to the Control Panel>Java Plug-in Advanced tab, you can pick which Java version to run (of those which you have installed).

#72     Jul 10, 2002
  3. alanm

alanm

I'll mention that I got the "java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream" a number of times when logging into the browser-based TWS when it needed to load an update from IB. I assumed there was a problem when, in fact, I was just not waiting long enough for it to download the whole update over my slow dialup connection. Apparently, this error can appear normally.

#73     Jul 11, 2002
  4. Island bookviewer uses Mava (MS Java). You cannot test Sun Java Plugin with an application built for Mava. Try this Sun Java application (click: Login Now) and see if you get "ICTS Login (3.8.69)":

http://demo.fxserver.com/?lang=en_US&submit=Open&entry=demo.16

#74     Jul 11, 2002
  5. white17

white17

FX; I tried your link and the Applet loaded and functioned properly.

Alanm; I thought I may not be waiting long enough also but subsequently waited as long as 30 minutes.........long enough to load anything but the tax code. Thanks both for input.

#75     Jul 11, 2002
  6. cookpr

cookpr

I dont have problems very often with IB, but the whole JAVA thing is pretty annoying. Why do they not just build a non-Java version and make it easier for everyone. I dont get it................
    :confused: :confused:

#76     Jul 11, 2002