IB difficulties

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by white17, Jul 10, 2002.

1. white17

white17

I have been trying to run IB's demo but can't get anything to happen when I click the login. I've loaded the Java plug in . Any ideas ?

2. dsb_mac

dsb_mac

There are java applet permissions in the browser options that you might want to check to see if they are on.

Denis

3. Knyyt

Knyyt

You have any version of J-trader on your system? Thats a immediate conflict right there.

How long you waiting , ive noticed sometimes it takes awhile when i load it to test out some API stuff..

Regards,
    Knyyt

4. def

def Sponsor

white17,
    The system resets around 11:40ish till about 12:15 each evening (EDT).

Perhaps that was the problem. I just tried now (12:40) and it is working fine.

5. white17

white17

I have jave enabled in browser; Have no J-trader on machine. Have waited up to 30 minutes for something to happen. It takes about 8 minutes for the login button to fill in.

6. def

def Sponsor

just sent you a PM but I need to run out for about an hour. perhaps you can try an online chat now, the help desk may be able to assist.

the 8 minutes was probably the download of the software - next time it will be faster.

make sure you downloaded the java software from Sun. (the link is right about the demos link)

if none of the above work, send a mail to tac@interactivebrokers.com, they work US hours but they will most likely solve the issue.

1 other thing comes to mind, do you have a 3Com network card. Some others are incapatable with Java.

7. white17

white17

def; Thanks much. I did download the Java from IB demo page and have contacted tac at IB. so far no luck. Also no 3com net card. I'll keep trying.

8. on the demo, under rapid order entry, down at the botttom of order type, what is "trail"? it's on the cdemo

9. white17

white17

Here's a little more info;

When i click on run equities demo the login starts to fill and the message just above it reads " loading class jclient.login frame.

Once the :button" has filled a light blue it then says ;" exception.java.langclass not found.exception;"

10. def

def Sponsor

ok, i hear this should work:

- on our PC go to Control Panels

- double click on the java plug in

- choose the cache tab

- then in the cache window, click clear cache

-------

as for the trail in rapid order entry. ROE only works for stocks. On the production version the "trail" is availabe to. Unfortunately, I have no info on this order type.

#10     Jul 10, 2002