IB didn't execute my stop, maybe they reinstated rule "last is not last"

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by mon, Jul 29, 2009.

1. def

def Sponsor

I appreciate the understanding but if it does happen again, please do send a request to CS to look into it as we should be able to determine whether or not a stop should have been triggered or there was an error in routing an order to the exchange.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but aren't YM future stops native on the exchange level? Thus if sent to the exchange then the exchange would have to be contacted if you believe it should have been triggered.

#21     Jul 30, 2009
  2. So let me get this straight: you had a "target price" so you entered a "stop order" at your target price? LOL!!!

You sure that wasn't a limit order you entered at your target price? One that didn't execute when YM traded at your limit?

By the way, I've been trading for close to 40 years. How about you?

OldTrader

#22     Jul 30, 2009
  3. def

def Sponsor

if the order is native to the exchange, the exchange controls the trigger. if it is a simulated stop (ie. not native to the exchange), the ib triggers come into play.

#23     Jul 30, 2009
  4. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

Yes we do.

#24     Jul 30, 2009
  5. #25     Jul 30, 2009
  6. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

The issue from that thread was a strict rule that applied to conditional orders. It was not working correctly and we fixed it.
    As Def stated in that thread, the rule is in place only to protect stops from large, rapid moves caused by big block orders.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=163833&perpage=6&pagenumber=8

#26     Jul 30, 2009
  7. moarla

moarla

youshould stop your bullshit, idiot, "IB for years", or what else names you are using

#27     Jul 31, 2009
  8. kostia00

kostia00 Interactive Brokers

It would trigger: the bid/ask check allows last to be outside of bid/ask by 0.5%, which for $24 stock is $0.12.

DAV is absolutely correct in his posts.

#28     Jul 31, 2009
  9. GTC

GTC

For 2 different IB stop orders placed in 2 different occasions, is it possible to place one stop order using "Last" method and another using another stop-trigger method (e.g., Bid/Ask, etc.)?

#29     Jul 31, 2009
  10. kostia00

kostia00 Interactive Brokers

Yes, you can control the trigger method per order.

#30     Aug 1, 2009