IB didn't execute my stop, maybe they reinstated rule "last is not last"

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by mon, Jul 29, 2009.

1. cstfx

cstfx

OK. I see what I was doing.

My bad.

#11     Jul 29, 2009
  2. mon

mon

yes that is exactly the foundation of trading for the last 100 years

lets see what happens

#12     Jul 29, 2009
  3. How do you have your stops configured? Are you aware there are 6 different trigger methods for stops?

Did the future trade thru your stop, or just touch your stop?

Obviously if it traded thru that's a problem. If it just touched it might be a configuration problem. Clearly though, if it just touched and you were not executed, that's a good thing isn't it?

OldTrader

#13     Jul 29, 2009
  4. Here's a screen shot of a page from the Users Manual regarding stop trigger methods:

#14     Jul 29, 2009
  5. mon

mon

sorry old trader but I think I know my own settings, that isn't a problem

#15     Jul 30, 2009
  6. mon

mon

I don't know if you trade or not

but you couldn't be more wrong, target price is target price is target price is target price

I hope that is clear enough

#16     Jul 30, 2009
  7. Yeah, I'd MUCH prefer to have a stop hit and watch price continue in my original direction than to have my software fail and me get lucky.

#17     Jul 30, 2009
  8. def

def Sponsor

There is no proof that the software failed here. Mon, I'd suggest you send the info to CS via a ticket and ask them to look into what happened. There is no need to guess here as it should all be part of the audit trail. In the meantime, i you haven't please check your config to make sure your stops are indeed set to default and/or last.

#18     Jul 30, 2009
  9. I'm not suggesting that yours did necessarily, my scenario was hypothetical.

#19     Jul 30, 2009
  10. mon

mon

I checked my settings they are set to last

also several of my ES and YM trades this morning executed without any delays

there is no need to contact IB, even IB is allowed a mistake once in a while

I was concerned IB started messing with definition of LAST again, everything seems to be OK so far

thank you for your response

#20     Jul 30, 2009