IB didn't excute my stop, now what?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by bigboy, Sep 24, 2002.

1. def

def Sponsor

configurable as well.

You will also be able to choose the method that triggers your stop (ie. the last price or double tick).

Customer trigger method for stop orders
    Customers may now specify how to trigger stop orders. To specify a trigger method, right click on an order management line and select Trigger Method. A trigger method dialog box will be displayed. Trigger methods currently available are: last method, double last method and double bid/ask method. If the last method is selected, stop orders will be triggered based on the last price. If the double last method is selected, stop orders will be triggered based on two last prices. If the double bid/ask method is selected, stop orders will be triggered based on two bids or asks.

#11     Sep 25, 2002
  2. What is the default right now?

#12     Sep 25, 2002
  3. bigboy

bigboy

I still think it is IB's fault, because it let me enter the stop at overnight sesion ,there is no special instruction and warning when I entered the stop order.
    I got reply from IB, and they didn't even bother to look into my trading record, or they couldn't even check it to find out about this stop order. They thought I got a bad fill, but the fact is I didn't even get the fill, the stop just sat there and I had to pull the trigger. Lucky I got back to it earlier, it could cost me 6 more pts in half more hr.

#13     Sep 25, 2002